Paint bulge on 96 gts rocker panel

Nate S

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am the third owner of this 6800mi immaculate gts. I have taken it to the dealer the zone rep for them looked at it and basically told me they are not going to help me at all because I'm not the first owner. So if any one knows someone who can help me or has another approach to the problem your help would be greatly appreciated. :confused: :usa:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a 96, you are out of warranty anyway. So why go to the dealer. Take it to a reputed local body shop and get it repainted. It should cost less than $250. If you do not want to leave the car, it's very ease to remove the rocker panel yourself. 4-6 screws in the sill and same below. It's a 10 minute job.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto Avi.

I paid 3 hundy Cdn funds for a repaint. If your going to drive the car they take a beating the sills. If you Kumho tires you have to hit them every few year anyways.

Garage queen different story, not sure if I would want to repaint them on a minor blemish if your looking for long term hold for value and not driving it.

Best of luck, the sills are a 10 minute pull.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why go to the dealer anyway? Find a good paint shop and get it repaired by guys who do it all day long :2tu:

-lou

OP
OP
N

Nate S

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went ahead and got auto form to give me a quote. Both sides for $500 so I'm going to go ahead and take it there.

viperbiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NATE, JUST MAKE SURE THE PANELS ARE NOT CORRODED THRU. I HAVE A COLLISION SHOP & PAINTED MY 97 ROCKERS AND FOUND WHEN SANDED THEY HAD HOLES IN THEM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang