Paint finish on new 08 pictures

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me, or do the recently posted pictures of the 08 have a different type of gloss to them.

Could it be possible that the new car body is made of a different material.

Could the finish be not paint, but something intregal to the produced product.

I have absolutely no insider information, but would like to open this idea for wild speculations.
(Should know for sure in a couple weeks in Detroit).

Copernicus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would attribute that to nothing more than some fancy camera work. I don't think they would absorb the cost of updating body material composition "mid production" run so to speak. If changes are made, I would assume they would be introduced in the next generation model if they are to occur at all.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have absolutely no insider information, but would like to open this idea for wild speculations.
It is made of a space-age composite with a UV-sensitive additive. With the ozone layer diminishing, more UV radiation is getting down to earth. That explains the special gloss on the paint. Looking to the future, in another 10-years, headlights will be optional items because every car will be glowing with UV-radiation paint! :laugh:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe there's another surprise going to be unveiled about the new Viper...like less weight...? maybe that's why the paint looks different....?

now THAT would definitely put it ahead of the blue devil!