Paint Help

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As you can see from my avatar my viper 2000 RT/10 is Viper Red.
I just bought a OEM (gray) hardtop and want to paint it to match my Viper. My brother in law says to take it to a DuPont paint store and have it matched. I was wondering what other members have done. I want to do it right the first time.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
E-Z match... the paint code is PRN. The universal Sherwin-Williams code is 45963.

Since the top is 'removed' from 90% of the car, even the fresh-red on the top will likely match the older red, since it will only interface on the Sport Bar.....

OR: Paint it BLACK to match the windshield surround, the sidepipes, tires, etc.....maintain the "Roadster" look! Back in 1994, I had my Red 93 wearing an early satin-black top. I Did not worry about handling scuffs, etc, E-Z to care for and looked 'convertible'

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks John, I like your idea about the black. I've kind of gotten use to the soft top look (black top) I think I'll ask to see if any member's have pic's of a red hard top on theirs. I did see Chuck Tators top when I visited him in August. Food for thought I guess.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang