Painting facia

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after 18,000 fun miles it is about time to repaint my front facia.

I was wondering what people have been paying to get this done? I don't want to get ripped off

Thanks

Bill

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

I hit a dog with my snake and had to have the entire fascia replaced (and the dog actually lived....tough SOB). The cost to paint it with stripes came out to be the following:

Body Labor 6.8 hrs @ $36/hr = 244.80
Paint Labor 6.9 hrs @ $36/hr = 248.40
Paint Supplies 6.9 hrs @ $20/hr = 138.00

Now, this was paid for by the insurance company, but you might be able to get a better deal since you will be paying it yourself. The body labor should be less since you won't have to replace anything.....just have it removed, painted, then replaced. Also, your color is solid, so the price will be less as well. Hope this helps.

Frank

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My red GTS could use the front facia repainted. I got quoted $1500....talk about Viper tax. No stripe or anything special. Its actually not that bad just hate looking at a purfect car with rock chips on the front.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

Nice to meet ya in Shreveport this past weekend. Prices to paint the front facia in Dallas is around $500 (including the labor to remove and reinstall). You could opt to only paint the bottom 1/3 for around $300.

OP
OP
W

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Kurt, good meeting you to-sure turned into a nice day for a cruise...now if I can just talk wifey into letting me build my house inside my garage!

Sure is a wide price range!

Bill

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of the prices quoted are just outrageous. If you can take off the facia yourself(very easy) you will save yourself a lot of money. By just bringing in the facia to the paint shop, it will be easier for them to do and get a quality job done. Plus it will be hard for them to hide the flaws. Just take care putting it back on the car(with a nice big, soft blanket under the front of the car). I did this on my 96, (bottom of the facia was chewed up) and total cost was $340.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good god man, I am only charging $300. Including removing and reinstalling. (does not include aftermarket facias as they are much harder to remove and reinstall)

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$428 at my local dodge dealership 6 months ago. I had to negotiate them down a little though, seeing how they scratched the front replacing the power steering pump under warranty. I also have stripes so that adds a lttle to the cost.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, you talked them down to charging you only $428 to fix something they did?!!! I would think they would pay for fixing their own screw-ups.

Chad

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hit a black kitten on the way to Great Lakes Dragaway last summer. You can see it if you blow up my avatar pic.

Cracked the spoiler lip and basically consumed all his nine lives. Off/On, repairs and paint with stripes was $500. Expensive kitty.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$400 here and that includes the shop removing, painting, and re-installing. Same price to do the rear fascia.