Parking brake

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi I've been reading up but never really asked any questions since I do enough research to find what I'm looking for. But I just brought 06 yellow/black stripes coupe back in late June. Lately, I notice that my parking brake sometimes goes all the way up but if I let it down then pull it up again then it works fine. Whats the reason for this?

Thanks

Jeff

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the speed of your pull that causes the problem. The hook doesn't get a chance to engage any of the teeth. Try pulling a bit slower and you'll not have the problem. It's inherent to all generations of vipers.

(Thanks Chuck)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, I'm a 2nd Gen guy (yellow and black too...good taste!) and it happens if I get a little overzealous on the PB handle. Easy does it does the trick.

Incidentally, did ya see the '06 Y/B coupe on Autotrader with 630 miles on it? They want $80K for that car....

OP
OP
C

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yup, I'm a 2nd Gen guy (yellow and black too...good taste!) and it happens if I get a little overzealous on the PB handle. Easy does it does the trick.

Incidentally, did ya see the '06 Y/B coupe on Autotrader with 630 miles on it? They want $80K for that car....

No I haven't but yeah thats where I got my car from on auto trader. I got mine from South Plam Beach, Fl with 13k on it for $56,500 I thought it was a great deal. I looked over the car very close and was very mint except for the chip from the front bumper which will get since its used. But yeah 80k for an 06...are they nuts?! I woulda got myself an 08 for that matter.