Passenger door pops open after getting wet...

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes when I wash my car the passenger door opens by itself for several hours afterwards. Obviously the water is getting in something and shorting it out, but what? I first thought it was the wiring going to the door, but that was bone dry after washing yesterday. This time not only did the door keep poppong open, but my button wasn't working to open the door 90% of the time until it dried. I'm thinking its the button itself, but need some expert advice. Having your door pop open while driving down the road isn't cool....

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pull the interior panel off.

Wash car.

Get flashlight and mirror and see what is getting wet in there.

Might surprise you...

Also, blow out the push button switch with an air hose, and then lubricate with WD40.

OP
OP
T

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pull the interior panel off.

Wash car.

Get flashlight and mirror and see what is getting wet in there.

Might surprise you...

Also, blow out the push button switch with an air hose, and then lubricate with WD40.

I'll give that a shot. I already tried blowing the button out with the air hose, I get a little water but it doesn't make it stop popping open. I'll shoot some WD-40 in it too.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do try the door panel removal thing, try unplugging the harness to the door switch. See if the problem goes away. Might be time for a new switch if so. You can of course operate the door via the emergency latch during that test.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96