PATHETIC

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is what I really have to say to everyone here that is complaining about the new viper. First, we are lucky Dodge kept the viper and has decided to make a Gen V. Some people are complaining about the 640hp. Do they even realize that this car is lighter than before, has better suspension, and has 3:55 gears now?? Most of these clowns can’t drive their 500ph gen 3 viper let alone try to drive a 640hp gen V, but will still ***** and whine that it doesn’t have a supercharger. These are the same people I could roast in my Gen 1 viper with 100 less hp. I seen these same people attempt to drive around the track at VOI or the SRT Track days and it seems like they are out for a Sunday drive instead of racing. Grown up people. For the people complaining about the technology in this car, go buy a car with Carburetors and dual points then. This car is the fastest, nicest viper they ever made. We finally get a viper with a luxury interior that we have all wanted forever. Yes it has cruise and all the techie gadgets. Well it should this is 2013 not 1995. Embrace this car, it is faster than most 200k cars for half the price. If you don’t like it, well sell your old car and go buy the bmw sedan you use to have and think you are all that. I am not saying this car is perfect but they can never build a viper that will satisfy all of us. There are things I would love to see different but, some of you would hate what I would like and vise verse. As they say or should say. Mopar or no car, and if you dont like it, sell your car and dont buy a new one.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY WELL SAID!!!! :2tu:

That is what I really have to say to everyone here that is complaining about the new viper. First, we are lucky Dodge kept the viper and has decided to make a Gen V. Some people are complaining about the 640hp. Do they even realize that this car is lighter than before, has better suspension, and has 3:55 gears now?? Most of these clowns can’t drive their 500ph gen 3 viper let alone try to drive a 640hp gen V, but will still ***** and whine that it doesn’t have a supercharger. These are the same people I could roast in my Gen 1 viper with 100 less hp. I seen these same people attempt to drive around the track at VOI or the SRT Track days and it seems like they are out for a Sunday drive instead of racing. Grown up people. For the people complaining about the technology in this car, go buy a car with Carburetors and dual points then. This car is the fastest, nicest viper they ever made. We finally get a viper with a luxury interior that we have all wanted forever. Yes it has cruise and all the techie gadgets. Well it should this is 2013 not 1995. Embrace this car, it is faster than most 200k cars for half the price. If you don’t like it, well sell your old car and go buy the bmw sedan you use to have and think you are all that. I am not saying this car is perfect but they can never build a viper that will satisfy all of us. There are things I would love to see different but, some of you would hate what I would like and vise verse. As they say or should say. Mopar or no car, and if you dont like it, sell your car and dont buy a new one.

Ripper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agree with the OP

3-4 years ago wasn't Chrysler getting a bail out from our federal government ?

It's a miracle this car is even here today.

Way to go SRT

Amazing car in all respects to say the least

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder why the pre-reveal was in NY and the autoshow in NY. Must have been because of the bitchin' NYers.:nono:

Talk is cheap so I'll add some. I'll roast you in my stock Gen II, Mr OhioDoc from Las Vegas.

BTW, the Gen V *****! I would wait for the Gen VI but this is the end of the Viper line. There will not be a 2015 Viper. And remember, there are still brand new 2010s out there.

Have you thought why pricing has not been released yet? I think they will gauge interest and then price accordingly. So pardon me if I don't sound too excited. I'm bargaining the price down for you suckers so my Gen II will keep on appreciating.:lmao:

rjsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree we should embrace it, and be glad the American legend lives on! As viper owners we are part of a family. A family of limited production cars that are amazing. It's ok to have an opinion but for the sake of the brand we should Look out for OUR brand! It's like telling someone their kid is ugly! You can think it, but shouldn't point it out. I think it looks great and is a positive step toward the future. My 2 cents.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree +1

People actually have the nerve to whine about HP wars and a Mustang have more power on paper (like that's going to matter when they line up next to each other). Do some people not realize the benefits of a larger wheelbase, 100 less lbs, less drag, and more chassis stiffness? This car is going to maul the GEN IV.

I don't see how you call yourself an enthusiast if all you do is bench race paper numbers. I would bet 95% of the people whining shift like grandmas, couldn't drag race for crap or hit an apex to save their lives. Yet, they expect more from the car.

Pathetic is the perfect word.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps the OP is trying to say that we should be gratefull that the Viper exists at all, even for us that complain that it could be better.

While everybody can complain that they wanted it to be better, faster, and cheaper, and perhaps that is in the nature of many posters here, that this is a first effort by a small, but dedicated team of people to extend the Viper viability.

Guess there will continue to be two types of people. Some will continue to pick apart at the effort, and those that will embrace what is the reality of the production.

For those of you that wish additional power, Ralph Gilles alluded to that, when he mentioned at the reveal, the new engine has been upgraded with all forged internals. This paves the way for both factory and aftermarket superchargers, and turbo charged systems.

Do not believe for a second that SRT is willing to not compete in the horsepower wars. They have the technology, but for a team rising from the ashes, I believe this Gen V sets the stage for even further development of the brand.

The biggest reveal on the new offering is that there will be tremendous opportunities for Viper Consumer Choice. More than ever before the Viper can be custom ordered to fit the purchasers desires. They have even offered a full race version to take on the world's best, at international endurance racing. The aftermarket, I am sure, will also step up and fill the desires of even more owners.

For those of you wanting additional performance, perhaps it is wise to see what this newly developed system can do. The inclusion of fresh gear ratios, lower rear ends, shorter throw shifter, larger and stickier tires, as well as fully developed traction control, is going to launch this Viper out of the hole with the best of them.

While 4 wheel drive and high boost levels may put down even quicker numbers, that also adds significant weight and complexity, and is outside the current DNA for Viper.

So while I fully expect the complaining to continue, I for one, appreciate and embrace what SRT has provided, and look forward to even further development of our beloved Vipers.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1... Pathetic is the perfect word, but I can think of plenty more...:)

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps the OP is trying to say that we should be gratefull that the Viper exists at all, even for us that complain that it could be better.

While everybody can complain that they wanted it to be better, faster, and cheaper, and perhaps that is in the nature of many posters here, that this is a first effort by a small, but dedicated team of people to extend the Viper viability.

Guess there will continue to be two types of people. Some will continue to pick apart at the effort, and those that will embrace what is the reality of the production.

For those of you that wish additional power, Ralph Gilles alluded to that, when he mentioned at the reveal, the new engine has been upgraded with all forged internals. This paves the way for both factory and aftermarket superchargers, and turbo charged systems.

Do not believe for a second that SRT is willing to not compete in the horsepower wars. They have the technology, but for a team rising from the ashes, I believe this Gen V sets the stage for even further development of the brand.

The biggest reveal on the new offering is that there will be tremendous opportunities for Viper Consumer Choice. More than ever before the Viper can be custom ordered to fit the purchasers desires. They have even offered a full race version to take on the world's best, at international endurance racing. The aftermarket, I am sure, will also step up and fill the desires of even more owners.

For those of you wanting additional performance, perhaps it is wise to see what this newly developed system can do. The inclusion of fresh gear ratios, lower rear ends, shorter throw shifter, larger and stickier tires, as well as fully developed traction control, is going to launch this Viper out of the hole with the best of them.

While 4 wheel drive and high boost levels may put down even quicker numbers, that also adds significant weight and complexity, and is outside the current DNA for Viper.

So while I fully expect the complaining to continue, I for one, appreciate and embrace what SRT has provided, and look forward to even further development of our beloved Vipers.

Great Response,

Bruce

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is kinda crazy all the negative threads on the gen V. The more I see it the more I like it, but either way I'm glad the Viper is still around.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No car will be all things to all people. Thats why they make after market stuff. The haters are entitled to their opinions along with the constructive criticism. Overall the car is fabulous imo and judging from comments on non car blogs like yahoo etc... This is a huge success story for viper owners and Chrysler America. This is the car so get used to it. There's plenty of time to suggest changes over the coming model years so why rush to judgement before its even been real world tested.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think by voicing disapointment in certain areas makes someone a hater. I've been nothing but suppportive of the brand and will continue to do so. I thought the car was going to be ugly by all of the leaked posts and Bruce (Blknblu) kept telling us to have faith and I said I didn't like the hood. When I saw the full reveal, I admited I was wrong. I think its beautiful. Would I like more power and less weight? Heck yeah, but I don't think by saying that makes someone a hater. We are allowed our opinions. Some people don't like Yellow, those people are wrong!

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just browsing the Corvette forum to see their take on our new Gen V...naysayers relax, the people over there are chomping at the bit, that their upcoming C7 can come near the Gen V!

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think by voicing disapointment in certain areas makes someone a hater. I've been nothing but suppportive of the brand and will continue to do so. I thought the car was going to be ugly by all of the leaked posts and Bruce (Blknblu) kept telling us to have faith and I said I didn't like the hood. When I saw the full reveal, I admited I was wrong. I think its beautiful. Would I like more power and less weight? Heck yeah, but I don't think by saying that makes someone a hater. We are allowed our opinions. Some people don't like Yellow, those people are wrong!

Well said.

I do agree some people are going over the top bashing it and I do wish those people would stop, but there is also a lot of constructive criticism. Constructive criticism that the cheerleaders here cannot bare. Both extremes need to calm down.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say... standing next to this car taking pics, I could literally feel my heart race.
Very few cars in history can have that effect.

Literally one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen.
Truely special and something to be proud of.
I'm very pleased with what I saw.

Daxzz

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Not trying to start a fight, but I have one question: Why is it that you feel it's okay for you to voice your opinion about these other people, but not okay for them to post their opinion about the Gen V. You could just as easily have taken your own advice and ignored what they had to say. I'm not saying you're completely wrong....just some food for thought. If you feel the need to flame me for it go right ahead, it won't make me angry because you're probably a pretty good guy who's just a little bit heated up at the moment. Besides, I'll probavbly ignore it.;)

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Many great points raised in here. If someone likes the car or not visually is clearly an opinion thing and better answered when seen in person, but the haters because it only had 640HP has to be the craziest. Is that really the first thing a Viper owner talks about with a Mustang guy? And the point about VOI track driving skills is spot on and brought back memories of yellow vipers constantly spinning or going off the track and their owners denying it was them. (not a slam at yellow vipers, just happened to be two of them and I remember watching) The last thing most of the folks was need was HP, yet in the pits that is all they were talking about...

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I for one like the new Viper, waiting to see what it would cost as well. I think that the Gen 5 should have been the Gen 3. The Gen 3 grew on me so I bought one, but I think that the Gen 5 is more of a natural progression (loks wise) to a gen 2. No other Viper looks better than the Gen 2; therefore, I am glad that SRT made this Viper. Would it make it better if and when SRT allows a S/C as a factory option so some of us can say it has 1000hp from the factory?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I'm a born and bred New Yorker, so I Really resent your comment. I was there last night a overall think they did a fabulous job with the car. That said, I am not crazy about the headlights and the flat look to the front end, but that is just a personal taste thing, that I think everyone has a right to express! This is a Viper forum, where we should be having friendly discussions even if we disagree. But putting down someone's comments based on where they live is uncalled for.

I have a Gen II and think there is a distinct Gen II GTS look to the car other than the front. Personally I like the car...that is all I'll say about the car.

But, if you can't accept someone else's opinion who disagrees with you, then you just shouldn't be on this forum.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I for one like the new Viper, waiting to see what it would cost as well. I think that the Gen 5 should have been the Gen 3. The Gen 3 grew on me so I bought one, but I think that the Gen 5 is more of a natural progression (loks wise) to a gen 2. No other Viper looks better than the Gen 2; therefore, I am glad that SRT made this Viper. Would it make it better if and when SRT allows a S/C as a factory option so some of us can say it has 1000hp from the factory?

I think the greatness of the car is that it is Naturally aspirated. You ever driven a supercharged car on the track for a day. In order to keep it working (not heatsoaking), you need a ton of cooling and just not as trackable. Again, I am biased that these are track machines and really is the best and most amazing ways to experience the capabilities of these cars. You truly find out how tough they are and how balanced if driven properly. If you are a point and shoot guy, then you are missing out on its best attributes. I think S/C are great for the stree in small doses, but not on the track.