Paxton...............Here I come!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we talking 800 at the flywheel or rwhp. Either way it takes more then a diy s/c to get there. I'm not sure I have seen a heads/cam/diy s/c with 800 rwhp ?? There may be a few, but very few. Some of the tuners* could do that but there goes the diy and you better darn well know what you are doing.

*Not with factory diy boost levels.

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will definately post my #'s after the Paxton is installed. I gave Roe a lot of consideration but again, this is for a Gen1 Viper. My car doesn't breathe as well as Gen2's do. I am not doing any head work or exhaust work. I will be using Snake Oyl's high flow cats/muffs and keeping the stock exhaust headers. A little crazy; maybe. I don't want any more interior noise, it is loud enough! (to many Van Halen concerts when I was younger!) I have also been hearing about problems with the #10 cylinder on Roe cars and lots of tuning issues. Paxton seems like the better kit for a Gen1. As far as a DIY kit, that isn't me. I would pay to have it installed and tuned by a pro before I would attempt to install a blower. I am not stupid but if I am already dropping $7500 on a blower, I am spending the money to have it done right the first time and not try to save a little money only to be dissapointed when it doesn't run right.
Hey Marty..................Race on! :D

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cylinder #10 was a special issue on 5-10 "prototype" Vipers including mine. It has been fixed. Proofs that Sean helps when we need him.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IEATVETTES,

Looking forward to it!! Our setups are going to be almost the same, as I still have factory exhaust headers. I don't think that it makes sense spending $1500 for headers to get an additional 20hp at the upper end of the RPM range. I have a graph from Sean which shows a gen 1 with factory exhaust manifolds and another with headers, and there really is not that much of a gain until you get above 4300rpm. I shift at 5100 in my car.

BTW, I have not had any issues on #10, I think this was taken care of a while ago.

marty

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be fun. I don't run to 190 though, my jewels are not that big!!! Maybe Paolo should drive my car!!

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IEATVETTES,

When is your install going to be complete?

martyb

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Scotty can drive mine! I have to wait until the snow melts so I can trailer it back down here to Madison for the install. The car is in northern Wis. at our cabin in the basement and currently about 3 feet of snow on the ground. It should be done in time for the annual dyno day event in April and will bring it down then, as well as some of the meetings. I cannot wait!!

Reaction score
After I decided that I cannot sell my Viper because I love this car way to much, I went back and forth about either sticking with my Nitrous system or buying a blower. After months of researching the pros and cons, talking to people with blowers and more importantly finding out the differences between the 2 main manufacturers of superchargers, Roe Racing and Paxton, I have decided to buy a Paxton. I am even selling one of my other cars to finance this little venture. A variety of reasons led me to this decision as well as the availability of an installer/tuner. The nearest Roe installer is in Chicago, 2 hours away. The nearest Paxton installer in 20 minutes away! That helps out tremendously but overall, my research has led me to believe that Paxton has the better system. This is in NO WAY a stab at Roe, Sean is great. I have bought many items from him in the past and will continue to do so in the future. But for a Gen1 supercharger, my mind is made up. One thing I am curious about is just how much more HP/TQ my car will make with a supercharger. Now, if Spring would hurry up!! :D
PS Anybody want to buy a NX system, PM for details.

Good choice on the supercharger :2tu: We have installed a lot of them mostly on highly modified combos. We have also done a lot of stock Viper with a Blower only modification and have had NO issues with the Paxton set up! BUT keep in mind if you do 2 many little extra mods you will have to upgrade your fuel system. They just supply you with enough fuel for there kit on a stock Viper. We have removed a good bit of those ROE supercharger kits and installed Paxton Superchargers in there place. Underground Racing's "2manytoys" Viper ran a 9.20 with a built engine with a Paxton and holds the Supercharged ET record. I don't think any built Roe supercharged Viper has even been into the 9's without Nitrous.

PS. anyone that wants to do the Roe supercharger I highly recommend 1TONY1 :2tu: He seem to have the fastest Roe Vipers and seems to have a great combo!

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have removed a good bit of those ROE supercharger kits and installed Paxton Superchargers in there place.

.......but can you do it for $8K or less installed? How about transportation costs to your facility? We may be talking apples and oranges here from a cost standpoint. I'm sure you turn out an excellent package, but it may not be practical, possible, or wanted for many who have ROE's product and are quite satisfied with what they have.

Steve

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

.......but can you do it for $8K or less installed? How about transportation costs to your facility? We may be talking apples and oranges here from a cost standpoint. I'm sure you turn out an excellent package, but it may not be practical, possible, or wanted for many who have ROE's product and are quite satisfied with what they have.

Steve

[/QUOTE]if your not qualified enough to install a supercharger and TUNE one there is NO package you can buy and install that cheap. Max

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey UndergroundRacing,

Running under 10sec is a good result no matter what car you have. To run under 10sec you need a good bank account and a good tuner. However, most of Roe Vipers can run in the low 10sec and they go home on their wheels and they will come back a week later for the next race. Those under 10sec go home in a trailer ...

UndergroundRacing, how many drag races did you attend or watched on TV? Nearly all winners run with screw or root SC.
If you were talking about winning at Bonneville I would tell that running with Paxtron might be a good idea.

Especially the Roe package with Nos is a very good winner on any drag strip. Upgrading the fuel system ?! Its a must if you want to run under 11sec. Paxtron is great too but its potentials are lower. However a good tuner can make the Paxtron package also a winner.

So if you are a good Paxtron tuner show us your results !(if you have something to show).

Do you have something beside this 8 sec run Viper which is a 100% pure race car and can`t be registered ? It is a very nice run but this 1200hp Viper belongs to another world. In addition you was running alone. No competitors ... Do have at least a G-Tech chart of this run to see if it is a winner ? There are several 1400hp Suppra holding world records but they can`t win because they have no torque.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your not qualified enough to install a supercharger and TUNE one there is NO package you can buy and install that cheap. Max

We'll see. Mechanic/tuner would not be part of my resume. Common sense and some mechanical ability would be more accurate. A fair amount of back yard work in my earlier years. I've read the instructions and it would appear doable for someone like me. I'll be installing one shortly. Between Sean and a few on this board I've been talking to, I'm confident it will turn out just fine. There are others out there, with perhaps the same level of ability as me,
who have installed these themselves. That's the main reason I went with this kit. From what I've researched, tuning issues at 5 pounds are minimal.

Steve

Reaction score
Hey UndergroundRacing,

Running under 10sec is a good result no matter what car you have. To run under 10sec you need a good bank account and a good tuner. However, most of Roe Vipers can run in the low 10sec and they go home on their wheels and they will come back a week later for the next race. Those under 10sec go home in a trailer ...
*Let me TRY 2 break it down for you ONE at a time . You must not follow the Viper world enough. Let me help you :2tu:

I agree on one thing you said. It is a good result to run a 10 second time no matter what you have. BUT YOU DO NOT NEED A BIG BANK ROLL to run faster. You are way off on that one.

"BLOWN GTS" $14,000 upgrade 925 rwhp. 9.75 @14x
modification
Paxton Supercharger kit "polished"
Custom Fuel System
Cat back
EVERYTHING ELSE STOCK! NO HEADERS NOTHING!

Reaction score
UndergroundRacing, how many drag races did you attend or watched on TV? Nearly all winners run with screw or root SC.
If you were talking about winning at Bonneville I would tell that running with Paxtron might be a good idea.

More Info. for you so you are corrected

I would think you are talking about Viper drag racing because that's what we are talking about here correct???

How many drag races have I been to ??? a lot SIR. :2tu:

Underground racing in the past Viper National races have 3 first place finishes and 3 second place finishes. One on ESPN. Go to www.undergroundracing.com and go to the video section. You will see "BlownGTS" "14k" upgrade racing and beating a big bad NOS full build RSI Viper.

ps. every race BLOWN GTS won are was in.. never had any problems and still street legal :2tu:

Reaction score
Hey UndergroundRacing,

So if you are a good Paxtron tuner show us your results !(if you have something to show).

Good paxton Tuner?? well we are the fastest by far :2tu:

RESULTS??? Like I said go to www.undergroundracing.com and just check out the videos for your self. The only other thing I can do is take you to a race with us and take you for a ride in one... how about those results :2tu:

"2manytoys" Viper. 9.20 World record holder and still is legal and drives on the street

Reaction score
Hey UndergroundRacing,

Do you have something beside this 8 sec run Viper which is a 100% pure race car and can`t be registered ? It is a very nice run but this 1200hp Viper belongs to another world. In addition you was running alone. No competitors ... Do have at least a G-Tech chart of this run to see if it is a winner ? There are several 1400hp Suppra holding world records but they can`t win because they have no torque.

Sir you are way off :rolleyes:

Were do you get 100% race car?? Were are your FACTS? How about a wager on that?? David Boggs Viper??
His car a race car??
Still has A/C with all factory power options. NOTHING striped off. If you want to make it interesting and show you that this is actual a street car I can prove it to you if you are up to the challenge.

I will drive the Viper to Florida "you can ride along for proof" from NC and run a 8 second pass. Then turn the a/c on put in a DVD and drive it to Texas and back. Im ready to prove that if your ready :2tu: What do you say??

Have no TQ?? yea only 1500rwtq :D

I don't know were you get your information on the Supra's but you are incorrect but I wont get into something else because we are talking about Vipers correct??

PS. Im serious about a challenge how about you?

I hope this info has caught you up to date, also my offer stand to have you come down and experience what a real emission passing street car an do :2tu:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey UndergroundRacing,

Were do you get 100% race car?? Were are your FACTS? How about a wager on that?? David Boggs Viper??
His car a race car??
Still has A/C with all factory power options. NOTHING striped off. If you want to make it interesting and show you that this is actual a street car I can prove it to you if you are up to the challenge.

I will drive the Viper to Florida "you can ride along for proof" from NC and run a 8 second pass. Then turn the a/c on put in a DVD and drive it to Texas and back. Im ready to prove that if your ready :2tu: What do you say??

I don't know were you get your information on the Supra's but you are incorrect but I wont get into something else because we are talking about Vipers correct??

I hope this info has caught you up to date, also my offer stand to have you come down and experience what a real emission passing street car an do :2tu:

Kevin,
now you're just showing off :2tu: To those who don't know Kevin, he is a well respected tuner that blasted on to the Viper scene with BLOWN GTS(sweet blue and white), and never looked back. Gotta give credit where credit is due :2tu: My question, is the $14K "BLOWN GTS" package still available? :)

Reaction score
Hey UndergroundRacing,

His car a race car??

Kevin,
now you're just showing off :2tu: To those who don't know Kevin, he is a well respected tuner that blasted on to the Viper scene with BLOWN GTS(sweet blue and white), and never looked back. Gotta give credit where credit is due :2tu: My question, is the $14K "BLOWN GTS" package still available? :)

Thanks a lot man for the complements :2tu: Yes it is still available. With what we have leaned since that 9.75 with the blowngts package we can get that ET better with a few extra upgrades. :D

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
modification
Custom Fuel System
Cat back

Everything else is stock ... ha ha ha.
Are you fishing for customers ?

Thanks but no need for this I am not in your category.
It would be like Mike Tyson boxing against Lance Armstrong.
Challanger rather somebody else with 1200rwhp.

Look I am sure you tune perfectly your Viper but stating that your competitors are worthless places you in the "Mike Tyson" category. I prefer to watch you and have fun than placing a work order in your hands.

Reaction score
modification
Custom Fuel System
Cat back

Everything else is stock ... ha ha ha.
Are you fishing for customers ?

Thanks but no need for this I am not in your category.
It would be like Mike Tyson boxing against Lance Armstrong.
Challanger rather somebody else with 1200rwhp.

Look I am sure you tune perfectly your Viper but stating that your competitors are worthless places you in the "Mike Tyson" category. I prefer to watch you and have fun than placing a work order in your hands.

I didn't think you would take me up on that :2tu: Read my post again :confused: what are you talking about :confused: :confused: I will say again, it would be to prove that it is a street car :rolleyes: were did I say anything about you vs 1200 hp?? Get a clue :2tu:

NOW were did I say or "state" that ROE or my competitors are worthless????? ooppps did U put your foot in your mouth????

Fishing for customers????? I don't think so we have enough work load as it is. We are doing good to keep up at this point. 15 Vipers in progress at this week!

ps.. try to answer one of my questions correctly please here it is again since I corrected yours :rolleyes:
*******NOW were did I say or "state" that ROE or my competitors are worthless????? *********

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
modification
Custom Fuel System
Cat back

Underground: Applies to stock Gen II?
Any reliability data?

Reaction score
modification
Custom Fuel System
Cat back

Underground: Applies to stock Gen II?
Any reliability data?

Yes Gen2 Viper did great. It is a TT car now though :2tu:

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It’s funny how things have changed over the years.
When I first wanted to upgrade the performance of my Viper, you had to spend between $28,000 with [******] to $52,000 with DLM (Scott Patrick) to get the kind of horsepower I wanted.
I wanted a system that made good torque and mid range power at a reasonable price, so I created my own kit. Other people liked it, so I built more.
Today, the kit is still making good bolt on power relative to other mods for the money. Yes, there were little things we had to improve on as we built and learned from more kits, but that’s the kind of thing you run into. I thought I’d only build about 20 kits total, not over 300. Any and all issues we ever experienced were corrected in newer production runs. If anyone has an older kit and needs anything, or wants to know what we changed to improve it, the improvements are always free and available.
Anyway, I like the torque a positive displacement SC makes. It will never be a “peak” number producing type of blower, but is one that’s reliable and makes smooth power across the entire RPM band. A twin screw blower on a Viper engine just about always makes more torque at the rear wheels to 4,000 RPM than even the highest HP centrifugal or turbo cars. If you want to make big upper RPM HP numbers, a turbo is the most efficient way. But, the expense of a turbo is beyond what many people can afford or use on the street.
All the kits out there have a place. Ours is what it is. Though I’ve driven other Vipers with head and cam work, centrifugal blowers and turbo, I like the way mine runs and have no plans to change it.
As long as we all have fun with our cars and enjoy them, it’s all good :)

Regards,
Sean

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said Sean. I never meant for this thread to go down the crapper like it did. In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?" It doesn't matter if it is a Roe or a Paxton, both are great systems for our cars. It is all a matter of taste and for me, the availability of a tuner that is close to home. I am hoping I can break the 600rwtq mark with the Paxton, that would make me a happy camper! Maybe I will leave the nitrous hooked and have a smaller shot, say a 50 shot, just so I can bring the torque up more. Hmmmmm!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi