Paxton...............Here I come!

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin
What the hell are you doing over here posting you already have too many customers.Hey did Elston do the aluminium intakes for the guy who posted the photo of his TWIN TURBO system on the Bogota TWIN TURBO VIPERS post?

SVS
Ron Sr

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IEATVETS,

A 50 shot of nitrous should get you some big torque numbers. Joe Donovan has me thinking about trying it, and I know he has picked up some monster torque with just a small shot. I don't know that I want to worry about breaking driveline parts though.

Sean, very well said!! If I had to do it all over again, your system would be on my car. It drives just like a stock Gen 1 until you hit it. I have had no issues at all, and even got really good gas mileage on the way back from PBJ's(highway at about 90mph).

marty

Reaction score
Kevin
What the hell are you doing over here posting you already have too many customers.Hey did Elston do the aluminium intakes for the guy who posted the photo of his TWIN TURBO system on the Bogota TWIN TURBO VIPERS post?

SVS
Ron Sr

Hell no he didnt.. :2tu: He cant even get keep up with what I give him to do :eek: Its funny I come here to post "good choise on the supercharger" and it tunrs into this :confused:

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duane,i'm glad your getting rid of the juice.Myself being a nitrous ****** told you not to do it.You'd be going this route.Your gonna sell some stuff to invest in this system,which is another main reason to go ROE.Roe S/C hold most of their value but I don't think you'll get jack [******] from a used paxton.You car is decked out the Roe would add
major WOW factor.Paxton is more like O'cool dood.
See ya at the meetings or track,
Good Luck!

gallaugher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe uses an Autorotor twin screw. I prefer the twin screw blower to the the centrifugal for many reasons. The torque curve being among the first of them. Kenne Bell uses Autorotor twin screws as well. If you do a bit of research on Autorotor's blower I think you'll be rather satisfied.

Because its uses a twin screw Roe's is much easier to install, tune, maintain, remove -- again there's a list.

Don't overlook that Roe's customer support is excellent.

I hope your Paxton tuner knows what he's doing because once he starts drilling and cutting there's no turning back. No such worry with the twin screw.

Roe's package is indeed specifically made for the first generation Viper.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some of you guys are so full of crap
You must be registered for see images
I've bought and sold paxton cars for a long time and never lost a penny. Actually i've made money!!!!! the day you can SIMPLY bolt on a twin screw and tune it yourself is when pigs fly :hitfan:
Max

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duane,i'm glad your getting rid of the juice.Myself being a nitrous ****** told you not to do it.You'd be going this route.Your gonna sell some stuff to invest in this system,which is another main reason to go ROE.Roe S/C hold most of their value but I don't think you'll get jack [******] from a used paxton.You car is decked out the Roe would add
major WOW factor.Paxton is more like O'cool dood.
See ya at the meetings or track,
Good Luck!
Your entitled to your opinion but your dead wrong, I sold my DLM Paxton car years ago and made enough money to replace it with a new DLM car :nana: I LOVE THIS CAR and it would run circles around a twinscrew. I raced one here and he jumped me on the go but I passed him like he hit the brakes!!! Needless to say he was in shock because he thought he would beat me and he looked like he was going to cry so we raced about 4 or 5 times and I beat him worse every time :bonker:

Cheers,
Tom

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LOVE THIS CAR and it would run circles around a twinscrew. I raced one here and he jumped me on the go but I passed him like he hit the brakes!!!

I have been trying to stay nuetral in this thread....and will try to remain so, but you need to be brought back down to earth :2tu:
I love Doug Levin, but that statement is as wrong as anyone elses on this thread. Why ? Because it is so broad.
Several points:
1. You ran circles around one car. If someone with a Roe s/c ran circles around one Paxton car I would call BS for the same statement.
2. Yours is a DLM system.....this thread "was" about the diy Paxton. Mucho difference. Most Roe's are stockish motors....is yours ?
3. Have you been to the strip ?? I know what the average Roe car runs.
4. How about we round up someone in your area for a street roll on. Tell me your mods and we will try to come up with a similiar car but with the different p/a. It might be we can only find a stock motored car....but it would still be fun.

To each his own.....there isn't really any reason to run down one or the other.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because its uses a twin screw Roe's is much easier to install, tune, maintain, remove -- again there's a list.

Ugh, try again on that one. If, and that is a big if, the Roe used an inlet air temp sensor downstream of the supercharger and it used an intercooler then it would be easier to tune. As it is I am sure the initial tuning that Sean did was not easy. Way too much variation in f/a to be easy, as a result of charge temperature variation.

Not sure I would characterize the Roe as an easier install either.

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Duane. I guess I'm old school, since my 93 gen1 is basically stock and responds to nitrous, I'll stick with my 525RWHP & 703RWTQ combo nitrous setup. It easy cheap fun!

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ivory, you are alive!! Haven't talked to you for awhile. I decided to get a blower because as you know, I use my nitrous quite a bit and it gets to be a PITA to fill the bottles all of the time. Like I said, I may keep a "small" shot of nitrous just to keep the tq up. I drove *****'s Paxton S/C'd SRT last summer and I'll tell you what, I was very impressed with it. Lots of hp and tq. If I would have been in my car, I would have run out of the juice.
Scotty, I'll give you a call next week.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony for beating me to the punch about
TOM AKA MIAMI vise VIPER!
TOM you and your DLM are the best you could show god how to race cars and make money.Can you help the rest of us poor lost helpless viper soles!
Maxed GTS you're TOM's #1 nut licking Grad student.If you two guys really like your DLM and want to promote Doug, shut the F#CK UP!
I've heard Paxton's will make more HP per $1. compared to
the ROE charger,and Nitrous with kick both S/C's butt's for that matter.I went for all around motor sound/performance Heads/CAM so there,peace pipe smokers.
Ivory did you sell that Elise yet.lol

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1TONY1, that was a very classy response and I have to agree with you. This thread did go in another direction so that's why I responded to it. My car has a DLM Level I with a Borla catback exhaust, stock cats and cast pistons. I've run a best of 10.91 on the stock pilots which I know is not so great but the MPH was 137 and change. My buddy really likes his Roe car and he beats a lot of cars around here so I felt good about being able to pull ******* him up top.

TOOOFST, see a shrink and release that anger! People like you that have no self control in public show signs of insecurity and are shortchanged in physical nature, so express your homophobic behavior and let it out little man :curse:

Cheers :2tu:
Tom

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
...... If, and that is a big if, the Roe used an inlet air temp sensor downstream of the supercharger and it used an intercooler then it would be easier to tune. As it is I am sure the initial tuning that Sean did was not easy. Way too much variation in f/a to be easy, as a result of charge temperature variation.....

Your theory is correct, but testing proved out differently. If I was using a stand alone engine managements system, the correct way would be to run an IAT inside the manifold, as you mentioned. However, because we're using the stock PCM injector output pulse as a reference and we're wanting to keep standard closed loop operation correct, we need to have a steady, reliable, repeatable PCM output for tuning under open loop boost. The factory PCM programming skews the injector output pulse too much and in the wrong direction for us to put the IAT sensor in the intake. As the stock PCM starts reading a higher temperature, it starts adding more injector pulse (which is opposite of what you want). What happens is you start tuning and the engine gets richer as it heats up. You dial it in correctly, but find the engine is super lean on a later cool or cold pull. Keeping the IAT sensor in the stock location keeps the AF ratio steadier in this case.
The one thing we're adding to the VEC2 is an IAT input reference from the stock sensor, so we can skew the VEC2 final injector output pulse if needed. I used to make cold weather and hot weather tunes, but since had started splitting the difference, making a tune that would be closer to 12:1 with cooler weather and closer to 11:1 in hotter weather. The IAT input, acceleration enrichment and dyno graphing functions will all be released on our website soon with a new software and firmware update.

Regards,
Sean

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah yes, in certain situation the PCM can mess up things so much that in cold weather you can`t start your Viper. I think I had a thread on this. I cranked my viper during 10 min before recalling that somebody told me about this issue. Then I fixed the problem with my Vec2 and my Viper started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi