Paxton K&N Air Filter Question

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody clean their Paxton K&N Air Filter or do they have to be replaced? Mine is starting to get on the grungy looking side.

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
clean it with their filter recharge kit you can get it at any speed shop

Thanks, I also went to their site after posting this and found that product. I'm a duh and should have checked that before asking on the forum

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not to stomp on your thread, but is there a specific K & N # for a replacement of that Paxton Kit filter? I called Paxton just to have an extra while the other is drying after cleaning, and they wouldn't give me a specific filter #, but would sell me a new filter for $135. I called K&N and they asked me for the # off the filter and there isn't one! We know what they are doing, but does anyone know the specific replacement #? Thanks for your help.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful not to over oil the filter after cleaning. Just a light spray, and let it wick and spread out a bit before installing. If you put too much oil on it can be sucked into the engine, coating the throttle body and mass air flow sensor on the way.

If you want an extra filter you can get them from most of the Viper tuners a bit cheaper than going to K&N direct.

Jerry Mall, founder of K&N, is a long time active member of the Southern California ViperClub.

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan to follow K&N's recommendation to not use the spray form of their oil for that very reason.

Reaction score
If there are gus that need or want to replace the Paxton filter I can check with my contacts and try to get a better price for a few of you at the same time. Email me your names and a phone number and I will see what I can do for you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960