Paxton + road racing... any issues?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone told me the other day about using "evans" antifreeze for a heat problem.

anyone else hear of this or have any personal experiences with this product?

quick2tr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting product (Evans). But the specific heat value looks lower.

Kai,

You do such nice write ups. You going to run water/coolant first to get a baseline before giving us your feedback? :)

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished 2 days of road racing in my Paxton SRT Ram. Put on a total of 120 miles. No problems at all. I feel sorry for the Porsches and supercharged NSX that couldnt keep up but hey, not my problem. Pics are in the "driven" section. I was able to do the coarse entirely in 3rd gear with rpm's ranging from around 2000 to 6000. Truck didnt miss a beat.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished 2 days of road racing in my Paxton SRT Ram. Put on a total of 120 miles. No problems at all. I feel sorry for the Porsches and supercharged NSX that couldnt keep up but hey, not my problem. Pics are in the "driven" section. I was able to do the coarse entirely in 3rd gear with rpm's ranging from around 2000 to 6000. Truck didnt miss a beat.

Looks like a lot of fun but regarding heat, that big ol' truck has a lot more grill area and room in the engine bay than a Viper does.

Reaction score
Water is the way for the track, also remember that when you are off track bettween sessions the coolant for the intercooler will not cool unless the key is in the on position to run the pump. This helps cool the entire system and will make the power last longer into the session. Spraying down the radiator with cool water from a garden sprayer also speeds this process.

Mark

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've got wet liners in my cylinders (530 ci). With wet liners, you really can't run water / standard antifreeze like a stocker, so I don't have much choice.

I've had the Evans NPGR waterless coolant in my SRT for about 6500 miles now. It's expensive ($32.50 per gallon) but seems to work well. It starts out light yellow in color and then turns brown. It's a bit thicker than water and does seem to expand slightly more than water / coolant. Don't fill your overflow tank quite as full as when you were stock or it will spit out.

Also, if you switch to it from standard, make sure and get all of the old coolant out of your system before putting the NPGR in.

It advertises a 400 F boling point. None of us should ever get our coolant that hot.

Time will tell.

Good point on the intercooler. If you put the switch into the run position for a while, the intercooler pump will run and circulate the coolant, which should help cool it.

Dan

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never had any temperature issues on the track. Stayed right at 200 - 210.

Same with the intercooler. Mine is filled with 25% glycol and 75% water.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed DC Performances 170 thermostat with their Paxton blower inlet system (SRT Ram). Water temperature hovered around 180 degrees from road racing this past weekend. Air temperature on Sunday was around 90.