Paxton S/C in SRT-10 Pricing

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At one point, I was offered an installed Paxton S/C for $7k (unpolished) and wondered what prices others have paid over the past 12 months for unit, installation and tune in an SRT-10. Thanks.

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a great price Alice. Most folks are paying $6 or $7k just for the kit.

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jayson:

No, it was the same price for everyone. The seller/installer had no data about the customers.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty good price. I would do the polished one if I was you. It's not much more, and it really looks great!

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice:

I just had mine done by Doug Levine Motorsports; highly recommend the polished. Presume you priced the NOVI-2000. Belt movements after installation are very tight and recommend you get an installer with considerable experience in these installations. If improperly installed the tight tolerances will cause some belts to rub. Doug installed the "quick release" bracket which cuts about 1 hour of labor if the system needs to be serviced in the future. If you can get the SC installed for the price you mentioned its a steal! Art

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Art,

That is the price, and it is what he does. He comes to town just to do that. Have not committed to the purchase as yet. Was simply wondering what others had paid.

Alice

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see you back, if you want the S/C to look like stock forget the polished one. Superchargers for less sells the paxton kit for $6700.00 and a good install will cost over $900, so you if you can get it installed for 7k do it...
You must be registered for see images

Unpolished blends in perfectly

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike:

Good to see you too, but I am not back, just touching base occasionally with a question.

Crockett:

It is incredibly looking in polished form (sorry Mike...but it looks very good, but I see your point).

Frank:

Yes, I was thinking that the $9k mark was the going price, installed and tuned.

Here's a concern:

There is no financial ROI to a S/C. It is simply a financial loss. The other concern would be that any car with a S/C is arguably harder for the individual or dealer to sell. These are not facts; they are concerns. If one were selling or trading in one year, that would add ten large to the "depreciation" and also limit the market.

Think about it. Everyone always refers to: "I got this thing with 600 miles on it...never been raced." Would they have the same assessment of an SRT-10 with S/C installed.

Again, before you need sedation, these are only discussion points; just questions.

Alice

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After seeing those pics I HAD to have mine done! Mine looks just like that, but I have a polished throttle body.

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what i've been told it doesn't take much to remove the SC and bring it back to stock? Anyone wish to elaborate?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Alice, I would call DLM on it...but one good thing about the Paxton system is that you can take it off and restore your car back to stock. It really shouldn't hurt the value of the car and also you could sell your system separate from the car if you were ever going to sell it.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've battled myself over and over about keeping it stock, near stock, or just going for it and getting what I want and having fun. With rather limited numbers such as mine and a few others returning it to stock is a concern should the sky fall and I need to sell it. I cant help but think of my car possibly going to Barrett-Jackson or something similar in 20+ years and the potential money it could bring stock.

I'm still thinking about it but starting to lean towards the "life is too short" philosophy and getting one (Roe or Paxton) to make the most of the moment.

Its a tough call.

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know WCV had a "special" for $7895 which included everything. When i was ready to pull the plug that special wasn't offered anymore. :(

OP
OP
V

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We appear to be on the same page.

If aftermarket parts provide a 10% ROI (90% loss), a figure frequently quoted to me, then the S/C route also communicates something about your car which would limit your market.

Now with a Ltd. production Gen I/II that may be just as valid since as those vehicles increase in value, I would think that future purchasers will want (as they have with other collector cars) the lowest mileage and the least "abuse."

For SRT-10, aside from the VOI cars, there are no collectibles...or arguably everything is limited production...like the new Barney Purple Viper and the forthcoming SpongeBob Yellow Viper now that the Patrick Pink Viper sold so well.

So, arguably, a S/C on the SRT-10 which can be removed and resold is not a major concern.

I would imagine that most buying a S/C for their SRT-10 plan to keep it for an indefinite period. I do not.

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Alice,

Put one on there and if you don't want it after one year, I'll buy it from you. I got my GTS blown by Heffner and as crazy as it sounds, 825 rwhp on pump gas is just about right for the street imo. I am running Kumhos and as the weather warms, traction has not really been a problem. My only regret is why I waited so long. :D

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone keep everything else stock and just throw on a paxton supercharger? What type of numbers would that produce?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some day I will join the club with the polished manifold. It looks awesone VD.

Regarding price the going rate I found was 6700-7000 cast and 7000-7300 polished, uninstalled. At the time Paxton had a 100 rebate as well. add another 400 or so for gauging and such and you should be okay. None of the tuners are near here (I thought this was the motor capital :confused: ) so a self installation was required. Lots of work but you know how well it was done when you are complete. I would not advise it for those that are not mechanically inclined.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BC, polished looks great, but doesn't go well with everything else under the hood.I had a hard time deciding. I went with the stock look. When people look at mine, they have a hard time believing that wasn't factory.

Ricky, Paxton kit is made for a stock SRT and will give you 700hp with no other mods required...

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow thats some impressive power! I never did ask you what else you have done to your car other hten the headers and exaust Mike...your making about 800 at the engine aren't you?

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"what else you have done to your car other hten the headers and exaust Mike...your making about 800 at the engine"

VEC 2 and bigger injectors.VEC 2 allows more tuning and more HP with just a swipe of a smart card. It comes with a card reader... As a matter of fact I limited the HP because of the cast pistons, it had 749 at rw but I had them bring it down to 678RWHP. There is lots more HP there for when I need it...Paxton kit limits the HP to 700 for stock Vipers for safety reasons.....

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice - It sounds like your pricing is excellent, especially installed. I have heard ranges of as little at $5K on up past $10K. Your quote is definitely at the better end of the spectrum.

One thing I might comment on is the resale. I don't think you will take as big a hit on a Viper modification, especially if it is done by the right tuner. Case in point: I sold a Doug Levin car that was producing roughly 900 HP. This was on an older Gen I with a pretty fair number of miles on it. Figuring the inherent value of the car itself against what it actually brought with the DLM package, and it still managed to recover roughly 75% of the upgrade cost.

Conversely, had the system been removed and the car returned to stock, the combined price of this used Viper and a take-off supercharger system would not have equaled everything sold as one. It was the Doug Levin name and installation that helped bring that price, just as it would from a number of great tuners like Heffner, Cragin (DC Performance), RSI, SVS, etc.

The bottom line is that on a Viper you will usually retain more of your investment on aftermarket goodies than you would on, say, a Mustang. Especially if that investment is with a well-respected vendor - any number of which can be found right here. For $7,000 you could have Big Earl doing the install and you will still be just fine as long as it runs well. That is a great price!

Keep us posted on what you end up doing.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We offer the Paxton kit, installed and dyno tuned for 10k.
Exhaust upgrades and engine work will increase the cost.
We spend 7-10 working days on the install (this is reflected in the attention to detail). Each car is qualified before the install and any recalls or service work done first. We have completed about 30 vehicles (including the trucks), all with very positive results. The long term reliability is reflected in how it is installed and tuned(there are some details that improve the system).

We are here to help, if you are interested in a system or need advice on one that has been installed, feel free to give us a call.

BradBodily

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Velocity Performance (Dallas) has 2 Paxton SRT/10 projects in their shop right now. One putting down 716 HP at the wheels (larger injectors, some tweaking of the computer) and the other doing 680 (installed by another shop and brought to Velocity for tuning) and soon to be over 700 HP as well. Paxton claims a 200 HP gain but with the right combination of good tuning and some minor upgrades it is easy to get 300 or more HP. My point being: it is easy for most competent shops to install the system and get it running, but to get true value for your money it is important that you have your upgrades tuned to their potential and not all tuners can/will do it correctly. So simply shopping for the bottom dollar might save you money but at what cost in performance? Velocity will do a Paxton (polished) for $7900 and get your car doing over 700HP at the wheels for well under $10K for those interrested.

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris - you're new Avatar is tight!

Alice - I paid $6400 (plus got the $100 rebate), my install was $500, the tuning, plus larger injectors, etc. was around $1000. If you have a bone stock car, you could probably get by without the tuning. Your ROI on the Paxton will come the first time you put your foot in it! 800 at the crank feels WAAAAAAAY different than 500.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Velocity Performance (Dallas) has 2 Paxton SRT/10 projects in their shop right now. One putting down 716 HP at the wheels (larger injectors, some tweaking of the computer) and the other doing 680 (installed by another shop and brought to Velocity for tuning) and soon to be over 700 HP as well. Paxton claims a 200 HP gain but with the right combination of good tuning and some minor upgrades it is easy to get 300 or more HP. My point being: it is easy for most competent shops to install the system and get it running, but to get true value for your money it is important that you have your upgrades tuned to their potential and not all tuners can/will do it correctly. So simply shopping for the bottom dollar might save you money but at what cost in performance? Velocity will do a Paxton (polished) for $7900 and get your car doing over 700HP at the wheels for well under $10K for those interrested.

Sounds familiar!!! These guys have very competitive pricing, and very clean installs! Good customer service too! ;) I haven't parked my car since I got it back.