Paxton SRT's

tomg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paxton SRT\'s

Has anyone put methanol injection on theirs yet?

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Paxton SRT\'s

I have it installed just not tuned yet lol

I think the gains should be 50-70 rwhp

But I am holding of on tuning to see if I sell my RSI tt kit or keep it.

vd..

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

I too have it. It will be installed next week, if all goes well.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I dyno-ed my misting system last week and saw no HP increase at all, in fact maybe a slight decrease. Have I tuned it for the mist, no? Here is my concern. If you tune it for the mist, (i.e. more advance, leaner, high compression, etc) and the mist runs out or gets clogged, you have big big problems. I drive my car everyday and don’t want to have to worry about things like that. As is have it set up right now, it’s more of a safety feature than anything else. At the track (20+ track days/year) it helps keep the piston a tad cooler, which is a good thing. I am planning to go up in HP (more boost) and the mist will help protect the engine even more.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

That's the way I'm thinking too ViperGMC. It can't hurt to protect these Supercharged engines. I tracked the car at Willowsprings this summer - 105 degrees F and Spring Mountain, 103 degrees F without any issues. I had the car tuned a bit fat on the fuel, have 3-inch exhausts, high flow cats and an Autoform vented hood. I really don't have to stand on it at the track to do quite well, as you know.

With the Cooling Mist water injection that should go on next week, I may or may not see more hp / tq, but the engine should run cooler, longer and not loose as much hp / tq during the summer heat.

Dan

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

except for one thing... run too much water and you'll get a hydro-lock. bad.

RE: water-**** getting clogged: just install a light and an air/fuel meter. if there WM isn't running, your A/F will be WAY off.

no need to fly blind. you've got all this power in the car but you don't want to use it? i don't follow the logic.

your SC could have a vacume line come loose and then you'll go lean and BOOM. anything can happen. fuel pump could fail...

did i mention that you should get a wide-band?

JD