Paxton Supercharger Install Complete!

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up the car on Saturday morning.........runs pretty much as before up to around 3000 RPM..then pulls hard all the way to redline. 75 - 110MPH in fourth gear is a blast! This is a serious system with quality design/components and is exactly what I was looking for(significant streetable horsepower at a reasonable price). If you do not need 650+ HP, then I highly recommend the Paxton. No, I'm not getting paid to say that. California smog-legal and 3-year warranty to boot. Took a few pictures and uploaded them to imagestation.com, my account is TedK01 if you want a peek.

OP
OP
T

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dyno pull not part of the deal, but I am going to visit Paxton soon - maybe they will do one for me, if not the shop that did the install is getting one soon.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a few pics. :D

You must be registered for see images

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, who did the install and how long did it take?

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Great!

Let us know how it sounds. I like the idea that it's smog legal. Makes me wonder what all the other sc guys here are doing when it comes time to smog their car. How far away are you from San Diego? I would love to have a look at your car.

OP
OP
T

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for moving the pictures to this forum, I have not figured out how to do that yet. You are welcome to see the car, but I live in Thousand Oaks, so........we could meet midway for dinner or something if you like. The installer was Sean at Extreme Automotive 818-883-8165. He is one of Paxton's preferred installers, and I can tell you he did a clean install for me. There is a far-off sound like a jet engine that varies with RPM, I love the sound, the exhaust sound was not affected by the SC instsall. If you want an idea on how much engineering went into this system, go to paxtonauto.com and download the pdf file for the install instructions, you will be impressed.

Regards

Ted

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, saw the install instructions and they weren't too complicated at all. Thousand Oaks is a bit far, especially with job and family constraints, but thanks for the offer. Maybe we can hook up at one of the VCA events. Enjoy the new found power and be safe.

OP
OP
T

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HP / Torque shown on Paxton website. You are looking at about $10,000 installed.