Paxton Supercharger

Matrix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi at all! I´m from Germany, and i drive a new 2007 Gen. III Viper SRT-10 with HRE 540R, Corsa Track exhaust, NOS, KW-Suspension, 4-point seat-belts, Startech-Rollbars, K&N Filters and high flow cats. I have ordered a paxton supercharger kit for my viper. What for dyno results did some of you have with the standart setup from paxton with a supercharger and the Gen III Viper? Is it possible to drive the supercharger with NOS? Best regards from South Germany,

Fabian

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You might want to post it in the Gen 3 section. You will get much more views there.

But with a standard kit, you can see about 600-650 RWHP.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you meant to say that you have a 06 SRT since DC didn't make an 07.
A friend of mine has an 04 that has a Paxton, head work and headers and he is at 705rwhp! I drove it and it is a monster.
My step brothers live in Weisbaden. The wife and I are going to visit them this summer and we can't wait!
Welcome.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you're investing the time and expense with a SC and NOS why not just skip all that and go with an SVS twin turbo package? The DIY kits start at $12,500 and claim to produce 900-1000 hp, with little additional modification to the motor.

SVS TT Discussion

OP
OP
M

Matrix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fact is, that I pay 7200$, and thank our good European Euro course was it relativ cheap. I install it for myself, and this is not as much money as the Twin-Turbo package. The costs of the Nitrous Express System was 700 $!

Is it hard to find a good setup for NOS with the paxton supercharger?

Fabian

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"with little additional modification to the motor" hmmmm New pistons isnt a little mod.

He had better be doing that anyway if he plans to add a SC and/or NOS if the motor is anything newer than a 99.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"with little additional modification to the motor" hmmmm New pistons isnt a little mod.

He had better be doing that anyway if he plans to add a SC and/or NOS if the motor is anything newer than a 99.

Not correct at least as far as the SC is concerned. ( I do not know about NOS on the Gen III's. Hopefully, someone else will jump in on that issue.) In Gen II's, a Roe with up to 5 pounds of boost is safe on cast pistons. With water/**** a bit more. On Gen III's, the stock Paxton kit is safe with stock pistons. The stock Paxton kit produces 7 pounds of peak boost. For more data visit the Paxton website or speak to Mike Jorgenesen at Woodhouse, Dan cragin at DC in LA, or any of the other tuner sponsors on this site who install boost applications. For the Roe, not available for Gen III Vipers, visit www.Roeracing.com. Good luck. Read as much as you can about the equipment, how it works, maintainance procedures, and the driving tips necessary to avoid Viperbite. If you use the search function on this site, there is a treasure trove of data about all of the forgoing. Good luck.

Bob

OP
OP
M

Matrix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, John from Texas Automotive told me, that there is no problem with the stock pistons and the standart supercharger setup. You can go up with the boost and drive the stock pistons till 750 RWHP, if you don´t drive a long time very hard!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"You can go up with the boost and drive the stock pistons till 750 RWHP, if you don´t drive a long time very hard!"

I do not agree with the above statement. The standard Gen III Paxton application maxes out at about 650 RWHP measured on a Dynojet dynamometer. 750 RWHP is not safe without some engine mods including the Piston change out and fuel management upgrade. If you are being told otherwise, you are not being given correct data. If I was going to go for 750 RWHP I would put in an AEM controller and a better fuel delivery system. I would then have the revised setup dyno tuned. There are a limited number of tuners that know what they are doing with an AEM controller.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really. The car and the Paxton installation Joe was talking about were not stock. Forged pistons,Vec II - done before he changed the pulley. It was surprising to me that the stock Paxton fuel system held up at this HP level. I still think an AEM install with a better fuel system would be the better, and safer, way to go at the HP levels mentioned. I'd like to see how the car Joe mentions performs under varying outside temperatures. It is clear from Joe's post that these numbers are not safely obtainable with the stock pistons.

"I am posting this for people wondering what a paxton set on kill would do to a semi stock SRT 10. This is a 05 srt with a set of forged pistons, cat back exhaust,and a vec 2. Everything else is stock...heads, cam, manifolds, cats...etc. I tuned the car a year or so ago and it made 726 to the wheels...I thought that was pretty good, well add a 3.25 pulley and watch out. I added the pulley and used 93 octane fuel with no other adders (water/**** or nitrous)and made 866 and 812 to the wheels. I have a very mild tune in the car and there is more left, but the stock/paxton fuel system is maxed out. I think with a 255 in the tank with a return and a regulator this car can make over 900 easy. Here is the dyno sheet for now, we will see what happens in the morning.
See ya,
Joe"

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ordered my Paxton this week. I'm also doing full exhaust. I dynoed it stock and I'll report how I make out in a few months.

Bolt

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was 416/446 stock on my SRT Ram. With my mods including belanger headers, Paxton, no cats, custom Corsa exhaust, DC performance computer and sealed blower inlet system, Fidanza flywheel/ATC clutch assembly and a conservative Woodhouse tune I'm maybe a bit over 600 rwhp. The truck goes to Joe at PBJ in April where it should get bumped to 700 rwhp with the additon of the VEC3 and some water/**** injection.

I've also got forged pistons so 800 rwhp+ I guess is possible given his recent work with a smaller pulley (13 psi I think) and postings in the GenIII forums. This truck should really scream if I can get any traction :)

As far as hard driving, I did some HPDE road racing in Hastings, NE last year. I was able to to the entire 2 mile coarse in 3rd gear...basically up to 100-105 mph in the straights (shifting would have slowed my speeds down given the gear ratio). 6 sessions at 20 minutes a session...120 miles total. The truck would see the boost pegged at 7-8 psi and redline for short spurts. Didnt have a problem whatsoever reliability wise. Some of the Porsches and supercharged Acura NSX's didnt seem to happy being passed by a truck :)

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Hi at all! I´m from Germany, and i drive a new 2007 Gen. III Viper SRT-10 with HRE 540R, Corsa Track exhaust, NOS, KW-Suspension, 4-point seat-belts, Startech-Rollbars, K&N Filters and high flow cats. I have ordered a paxton supercharger kit for my viper. What for dyno results did some of you have with the standart setup from paxton with a supercharger and the Gen III Viper? Is it possible to drive the supercharger with NOS? Best regards from South Germany,

Fabian

Am I the only one to catch this.... You drive a 2007??

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Paxton and a stock motor are a great combo. Add more power and you have a recipe for disaster. I believe 650 rwhp is more then enough for the cast pistons to handle. Try the Paxton and you might just have enough power Matrix to satisfy your need for speed.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe Joe at Performance by Joe just finished an '05 SRT Viper that had very few mods but did have the Paxton with higher then stock boost and forged pistons. I think he reached 878 rwhp.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cobra, I am running 15lbs of boost in the street with 93 octane. Like Phil said I have the Stryker heads, Comp coupe Cam and forged bottom end. After there is a list of things Doug from DLM installed. I even went with a quaiffe and Unitrak 1000hp shafts for peace of mind. This combination with Pirelli P Zeros ran a 10.40 @ Bradenton last year at the Viper Nationals. I also have over 21,000 trouble free miles which says a lot for DLM. Call Doug for all your S/C needs.

Steppenwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fact is, that I pay 7200$, and thank our good European Euro course was it relativ cheap. I install it for myself, and this is not as much money as the Twin-Turbo package. The costs of the Nitrous Express System was 700 $!

Is it hard to find a good setup for NOS with the paxton supercharger?

Fabian

Fabian,
hello from Italy!
A question: where you buy Paxton Novi 2000 system (polished) for 7200 $???
because i'm interested in the matter.
Really now is our good businness pay in Euro with actual course.;)
I wait your reply.
Have a fun with your beautiful Viper!!!:2tu:
Luigi from ITALY:drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21