Paxton Superchargers now available from DC Performance

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We now have Paxton Supercharger packages for the 1996-2002 models available.
This system is smog legal in all states and comes with a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty.
We worked in conjunction with Paxton in the development and testing of this system and can give you the technical support needed to help you with the install. Power increases on bone stock engines are 35%. This system is tuned to work on the later cast piston cars.

DC Performance is currently preforming installs in house and are able to upgrade this system to much higher performance levels while keeping the smog legal status of the
system.

For product information and orders please contact us.

madness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just bought a 97 gts with 15k on it,, i have not put blowers on my fountain offshore boat due to, i like turn key..
what is the boost on these with the pulleys it comes with? what other upgrades necessary with this my car bone stock,
price for package and then who would be good to install on the west coast bay area?
thanks

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan:

How hard to return the car to stock? Do you have to tap into the oil pan to lubricate the blower. I have never been high on doing that procedure.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it an intercooled kit? What do you use for fuel managemnt, (IE computer)? What do you do to increase the amount of fuel, (IE extra pump, injectors)?

Thanks

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Blue GTS - this may answer some questions:

June 12, 2003 Paxton Automotive announces the 2000-2002 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe Supercharging System. The big Viper engine from the factory produces 450 horsepower and 490 lb./ft. of torque. The addition of the NOVI 2000 supercharger with air to water charge cooler increases horsepower to 621 and torque to 589 lb./ft.
System details:
Boost Pressure of 7.5 psi
NOVI 2000 supercharger with 3.75" drive pulley

Complete fuel system upgrade includes dual high-flow fuel pumps and fuel control unit

Stand alone computer modifies timing
Air to water charge cooler system features welded aluminum charge cooler core with discharge tubes, Bosch compressor bypass valve, water storage tank with hoses, clamps and plumbing and a compact water circulation pump for closed loop cooling

Oil feed and Oil drain assemblies allow for maintenance free operation
Cast aluminum mounting bracket and Billet aluminum supercharger mounting plate
idler pulleys, spring tensioner, drive belt and all hardware
50 state smog legal under CARB EO #D-195-19

Satin or Polish finish available

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1791201810_engine.gif

List price for the kit:
PAXTON's website $7,999.95

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would love to know what a "complete fuel system" is. Two pumps are good as long as you have lines, fittings, filters and a FPR. This kit looks like the bargain kit so far when you factor in all the stuff you get. I just wish we could get an exact parts list.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this considered a DIY kit for those with some mechanical skills?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, Paxton is claiming that creampuffs can take 7.5PSI

DLM will put 8lb's on creampuffs. I believe the key is having an intercooled system.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, Paxton is claiming that creampuffs can take 7.5PSI

I believe the key is having an intercooled system.

John, there is more than just intercooling to consider. It is also a question of efficiency. The Paxton kit is an air to water unit. I am not familiar with the capacities of their air-water unit, but I would think on high temperature days or road racing conditions or extended high speed runs, the air-water setup could get heat soaked thereby eliminating any cooling of the intake charge.

With an air-air setup there will always be more and more air flowing over the intercooler as the speed increases; not the case with the air-water setup.

John, you are the man with the dyno sheets for all the different types of supercharger systems, what are the chassis dyno #'s for this particular system? They are saying 621 HP and 589 TQ. 621 X .85 = 528 RWHP: 589 X .85 = 500 RWLBS/FT. That seems low especially for 7.5 PSI. I seem to remember higher #'s from somewhere.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can you put on a air intercooler on this? I would think it would just be a matter of bending some pipe and mounting am intercooler on it. What do you think?

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I belive they said the numbers were wheel hp, I don't see a Viper making only 500 rw tq. with 7 psi. Don't forget, cars with full exhaust set up will make a lot more.

Isaac

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they are flywheel #'s since they are claiming 35% increase and since the stock flywheel rating is 450 x 1.35 = 607.

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the interest everyone.

Here are some important facts about the system. It is designed for a completely stock engine (only cat-back). The addition of headers or cats will require a tuning and any other work will require new pumps and bigger fuel injectors. Do not think you can bolt this to a modified engine or you could have a meltdown.

The system is only calibrated and certified for 2000-02 Vipers.
We are currently working on the certs and tuning for the 96-99 models. We can supply later kits recalibrated for the early models
currently. We also have several changes that we include in our
kits that we believe improve the product.

For modified engines we have a injector / fuel system and map
calibrator package almost ready for release.

When you buy from us or choose us for the install, you will recieve the support and tuning from someone who knows.

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, What kind of power could I expect from my Venom 600? Can you elaborate on the extra fuel system requirements that I will need to pay attention to? Whats the additional parts cost? I think my heads could have been milled or shaven to raise compression slightly, is this an issue? Can you also verify that the 35% increase in power is rear wheel?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am seriously considering getting this Kit. Dan, If I buy it through you, will I get the support and tech service from you? I would be real interested in finding out about slapping on a different Intercooler (Air cooled in front mounted one. I just have the basic upgrades. When would be a good time to talk?

V

vegasviper

So Dan, can you answer our questions. Are #s RWHP, Can 2000+ engine handle the 7.5PSI , dyno sheets etc...............

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will try to answer some of your questions;

The system runs 6-7 pds boost and is conservitively tuned for the creampuff motors ( a little fat and lots of timing retard). RWHP on
2000-2002 cars from stock or cat back only has been 530-580.

The air to water intercooler is small but should support up to 700
rwhp. The fuel system remains stock except for two additional pumps and a FMU. This system is fine for a stock engine with a cat back but addition of headers or cats will require a FMU diisc change and heads or cam will require a complete fuel system upgrade (bigger injectors, pumps and map calibrator). Real high hp numbers will only be possible with a complete new fuel system
with lines and return setup.

We are currently doing two vehicles with ported heads 1.7 rockers, extruded manifolds and headers. A air intake,
injector and fuel system upgrade for these vehicles will be tested next week.

Anyone purchasing a system from us will recieve our tech support and system improvements at no additional cost.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am seriously considering getting this Kit. Dan, If I buy it through you, will I get the support and tech service from you? I would be real interested in finding out about slapping on a different Intercooler (Air cooled in front mounted one. I just have the basic upgrades. When would be a good time to talk?

Ab, it is not that easy to just "slap on" an air-air intercooler. Unless you are an experienced fabricator of such things, you should buy a system that already has one. Besides, once you put an air-air intercooler to block the radiator, there are quite a few things that should be done to make up for the airflow to the radiator that has been blocked by the intercooler! It is really not all that simple.

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Excuse me if I was not specific. RWHP #s have varied from
530-580 on bone stck engines. The boost level is closer to 6 psi
and only goes oiver that at about 6200rpm. We have done 3 cast piston cars. One has over 7,000 hard miles without any problems.

For those interested we have a forged piston and better rod for these later cars.

The install takes 20-24 hours and is straight forward but requires a few tricks to pin the crank and install the intercooler behind the fascia. The vehicle can be put back to stack quite easily.