Paxton!! Where did you put the fuel pumps?

Whipz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing a Paxton on my 05' SRT. The manual wants me to locate the fuel pump setup on the flat area behind the master cylinder. I'm guessing that others have found a better place to put the pumps that is not so obtrusive. Any recommendations?

Thanks

G

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone actually hid them insider the inner fender. I cant remember who. It looked much better than mounting them where is says to.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
INSIDE the tank.

the stock paxton fuel system is marginal at best. if you are gonna run more than stock boost, you are really pushing it. be warned.

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GenII

You must be registered for see images attach

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D-C (Dan Cragin) mounted mine benind the master cyl. Thought they looked kind cool. Lots of people asked about them, and liked the idea of booster pumps controlled by vacuum.

Guess you could build a box around them, but they really accented the blower theme.

They can be black to go away, silver as an accent, or painted for bling.

OP
OP
W

Whipz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have thought about painting them for Bling. I just finished painting the valve covers and cross brace "Viper Snakeskin Green" and then polished the 'VIPER' lettering. I think the Booster Pumps may go green too.

For even more bling, my second option is a polished aluminum box to conceal them, or I could put a plexi glass top on the box and even LED light the inside.

Option 3 is to burry them in the fenders.

I just can't decide.

g

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine are located as per instructions. No problems here.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clean filters just mean you guys aren't driving these cars enough :)

That section in the front of the filter is more dirty because that is where the hood opening forces the air. I have a 2008 hood.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done a couple paxton gen III srt's installing the pumps in the inner fender along with the FMU, relays and other wiring. It's a little more work to get in there but worth hiding all the extra hardware in my opinion. My car has been set up like this for the past 3 years with no issues, heat has not been a problem. If you go this route make sure to protect the hoses and wires frome the sharp surfaces inside the fender and make sure the hoses do not get kinked.

pumps2.JPG

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Put them down by the trany and engine. Less noise then up top and can get to them easy if need to.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96