PCM relearn with new exhaust

DonMc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just put tnt headers, 3"high flow cats, and tnt cat backs on my 00 acr..car is running rough and engine light is on..accelerates ok but surges at 2000 rpm and above with constant throttle or when you let your foot off the gas...gets lot of exhaust burbble also when you let off gas...i hope this is pcm relearn..if so how long will it take to get back to normal?? i have about 5 starts and 40 miles on it since adding system...if not any ideas why??

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You will get this burbble whenever the rear muffler is replaced with straight pipes.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DonMc:
gets lot of exhaust burbble also when you let off gas..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP
OP
D

DonMc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am use to "normal burrble" on my 93 rt10 but this has a bit more popping to it a different sound than i am use to...seems to be related to the surging when letting off the gas but this could be coincidental...

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be a unconnected vacuum line. Double check that something was not forgotten. Check for spark plug lines that were knocked loose.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may need to look at the 02sensor wiring and make sure it's not touching anywhere more likely in the area of the headers.Call me if need any help.910-799-4210 or 910-200-1778

OP
OP
D

DonMc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the great tips folks..tom you get award for being closest, in fact, i was about to get your number from henry cone and give ya a call..turns out that the male end of the o2 sensors extension cables from tnt were numbered backward from the stock plug..so 1 was 2 and 3 was 4..i swapped them and problem was gone!!...i need to remember to tell roy...not sure if this is true only on later years?? man it runs sweet now...i love the new system...engine light still on, hopefully i didn't mess up the pcm running it with wires reversed...