People with stripes, pic request

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had bumper repainted, body shop messed up the stripes. Want to get straight on pictures to show them how they are supposed to look like. so please post up straight on pictures of your vipers front end.

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go... I went outside and shot these for you. Gave you a couple of angles and views so you could see the details. Came in tighter as well so you can see how it lines up in the fascia area. These are original factory stripes.

Good luck. Hope it helps.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luisv, thanks for the shots, I am also in Miami, maybe I can have you show up with me at the shop so they can see what it's supposed to look like, i will post the pics in a sec

btw you are probably the car that people keep thinking its mine! haha

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

the stripes move in instead of going straight, also the passenger one seems to start at the same point on the left as the hood but than ends before the hood one so the stripe is thinner, driver one just seems to be off a bit completely. I just picked up the car today and stupidly rushed home to avoid a bad storm that was coming in, once I got home I looked at it and noticed it. Gotta call them Monday....hate this

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, it isn't straight on but they should see if anything wrong with their stripe placement >

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ahh, I'm sorry but that is terrible and you should seek a refund and go elsewhere!! They obviously have no clue and I wouldn't give them a second chance...Please post the name of the shop so other members can RUN!!!

here's a link to my pics and if you need more let me know...

http://s800.photobucket.com/user/feb2274/slideshow/Viper Stripes

BTW: once my guy had the pattern down, he called me in for confirmation before he even painted them...

Last edited:

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My good friend had strips painted on his GTS so the body man spent over an hour measuring mine to make sure he did it properly it came
out great.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had bumper repainted, body shop messed up the stripes. Want to get straight on pictures to show them how they are supposed to look like. so please post up straight on pictures of your vipers front end.

If you don't mind, what did this cost? May have this done but want to compare prices.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I just started doing vinyl work myself as it's been something I've been wanting to get into for a long time but MAN those things are crooked! It's not like that section of the bumper is a complex curve. How could they even consider that ok?

--RS

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I just started doing vinyl work myself as it's been something I've been wanting to get into for a long time but MAN those things are crooked! It's not like that section of the bumper is a complex curve. How could they even consider that ok?

--RS

Yeah those are pretty bad... It's a shame. These are painted... BTW so lining these up was a matter of lining up thin masking tape first before doing it. It's a shame.

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luisv, thanks for the shots, I am also in Miami, maybe I can have you show up with me at the shop so they can see what it's supposed to look like, i will post the pics in a sec

btw you are probably the car that people keep thinking its mine! haha

Yes I am in Miami... I've sent you a personal mail here on the forum a couple of weeks back. I head out to a couple of "cruise-ins"/shows a month & club meets every two weeks (local club I am a member of) where we take a cruise to dinner. Check out the PM...

There are a couple of cars that could have been seen. There are three Final Edition cars in South Florida, that I know of right now. Since you're red/white as well, these are the ones that may have been mistaken for your car. One is a gentlemen in Fort Lauderdale that owns FE #4. He rebuilt the motor and the car is awesome. I own #298 and live down in western Miami near Miller Road. I'm mostly stock. I have lowered the car, removed the rear muffler and added the short shifter. The last FE I know of is a car that I've seen once with some "over the top" modifications to it. LED's in the wheels, under the car, in the front fascia and engine bay. He also added a "decorative" nitrous bottle that is there just to blow off into the air. Not a fan... but to each his own.

the stripes move in instead of going straight, also the passenger one seems to start at the same point on the left as the hood but than ends before the hood one so the stripe is thinner, driver one just seems to be off a bit completely. I just picked up the car today and stupidly rushed home to avoid a bad storm that was coming in, once I got home I looked at it and noticed it. Gotta call them Monday....hate this

On the stripes, that is a shame. That's pretty bad. It's clear that they laid out the stripes on the bumper while it was off the car. What is really a concern to me is that the owner/manager allowed that to go out. Even if they did not know how it should look, the left and right side are not even! That alone should be enough for to have to redo this. As for going to another shop, I would do that, but the problem is they are probably not going to give you the money. I think they will simply redo the work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luisv...I saw your email, was looking forward to doing some events and now this, looks like the car is going back into the shop.

I am going to try to stop by their shop tomorrow to discuss everything that is wrong, I will print off pictures to show them how the car should look so thanks for the pictures. I too would like my money back and go elsewhere however I doubt that is an option so I will let them try to fix the issue, I will make sure to keep everyone updated on how this turns out. I will see how they handle the issue before I put them on blast.

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luisv...I saw your email, was looking forward to doing some events and now this, looks like the car is going back into the shop.

I am going to try to stop by their shop tomorrow to discuss everything that is wrong, I will print off pictures to show them how the car should look so thanks for the pictures. I too would like my money back and go elsewhere however I doubt that is an option so I will let them try to fix the issue, I will make sure to keep everyone updated on how this turns out. I will see how they handle the issue before I put them on blast.

Good luck. Hope it works out easily for you.

As for the meets/cruise ins/dinner we do it every other Thursday without fail... There'll be plenty of meets. We typically go in the Viper, so no worries. The Saturday Cruise ins/shows are the second and third Saturday of each month at different locations...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala