PERFECT 2001 Saphire Blue GTS with Stripes FOR SALE!!! $59,000 ONLY!

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the car brand new last October, therefor I am the 1st and only owner of ther car. ONLY 4,500 MILES!!! PERFECT CAR!

The car is in PERFECT condition! The wheels have NOT A SINGLE curb scratch on them.

Price is $59,000. Will take offers. This includes the Corsa 3" Exhaust system, Random Technology High Flow Catalytic Converters, Smooth Tubes, and S&B Air Filters. It also comes with plush $300 floor mats with a huge Viper logo on them and black seat belt pads also with the Viper logo on them.

A new GTS with stripes could probably be found going for around $70,000. The benefit of getting this Viper is that the Luxury Tax is already paid, you get more than $3,000 worth of necessary accessories on the car (make the car run cooler, better performance), and it is basically brand new, with only 4,500 miles on it. You are saving more than $14,000 by buying this car vs. a new one.

Good Luck.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knock off 3-4 and you should be in the ball park.Sorry you have to sell.I'm not sure I could let mine go no matter what the offer. Bruce

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiper:
01 Porsche Turbo, Horizon Blue/ 2-tone cream&blue leather (Porsche Exclusive)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhm...sell the Porsche...keep the Hiper!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Bruce:
Knock off 3-4 and you should be in the ball park.Sorry you have to sell.I'm not sure I could let mine go no matter what the offer. Bruce

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. $63,000 is too high. I'm selling too. Time for a change.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey... how much for those wheels... ???

smile.gif

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kelly T:
I hate to burst anyones bubble but I let it go for $61,500.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is way too low! The car isn't even 1 year old and your dropping the price over $20k! Sorry, but I think you "gave" it away!

OP
OP
H

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm willing to sell at $59,000!!!

$59,000
bounce.gif

$59,000
bounce.gif

$59,000
bounce.gif

$59,000
bounce.gif

Just realized how low prices are for useed Vipers these days. I need to get rid of it as soon as possible! This is the lowest I'm willing to go! Hurry!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sell?
It has been raining in Houston for 2 weeks and today the sun came out and so did I.
Rolled onto the freeway, flat footed the gas up to 120 zip. Rolled off and a Mustang GT w/ a Cobra emblem on the side came up next to me like he had something important to show me. Slowed down to Roll off in second, hit the gas going a bit sideways I still flew by him as if he forgot what he wanted to show me. What a great day, great feeling after being out of my Viper for 12 days.
Sell! Hell no, NEVER.
cool.gif

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiper you have a PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiper:
I'm willing to sell at $59,000!!!

$59,000
bounce.gif

$59,000
bounce.gif

$59,000
bounce.gif

$59,000
bounce.gif

Just realized how low prices are for useed Vipers these days. I need to get rid of it as soon as possible! This is the lowest I'm willing to go! Hurry!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly, I'm afraid I agree, your buyer got a GREAT deal, I would have hung on for more. Trey is an interesting example, he's hanging in there for a while to get his price and that's what ya gotta do. I've watched him work it, even I think on the Corvette forum, sorry Trey if I got this mixed up..my point is he's WORKIN' it, talking to guys in various places and waiting for the one guy who shows up or hears about it after all the networking who WANTS that car with those mods at a FAIR price to both parties. You can't be in a hurry if you want a good price for the car. And you have to advertise it in the right places..Autotrader probably being the best...if you put it in your local paper and I mean your local BIG paper like the Washington Post and the Viper classifieds here and got nothing, then not enough work. There are guys who have the stomach for this sales work and there are others who will drop like a fly at the first offer because they don't have the patience or the NEED for that extra 5k. For others it ain't just about the money, don't need it, it's about keeping score, how well can I do on this deal. I recently did very well in selling an M5, had it for 24 months, put 20,000 on it and got 6k less than MSRP, which is what I paid, but I worked at it and tried various things, bringing it up on a BMW board like this got a whole bunch of tirekickers on email, the Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun..Both BIG papers, not ONE call. Couple of those private services..nothing..autotrader..put it on WITH A PICTURE. (FORGET IT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PICTURE) at 10pm Sunday night...7am 5 phone calls, first guy, "I'm 200 miles away, I WANT the car, I don't want to argue about the price, it's fair, I'm bringing a bank check, be there in 4 hours. He was there, the car was gone, and he was a fun car guy, showed up in a custom lowered, crazy painted, supercharged Durango. The price was the same as I had quoted on all the other ways I had tried, and it sold in 12 hours...point is I did not lower my price I tried harder to find the right venue..autotrader, instead of bimmer.org or the papers. One other thing, I wrote a heck of an ad, I said "never been smoked in or even 20 feet from it".. I said " Never valeted or driven by anyone other than me, even the DEALER" The point is, advertise in the right place, and spend time writing the advertising, and be patient. And the worst thing, by the way, for all of us is for a guy to come on the board, say he's selling his car for whatever $ and the rest of us to say...NO, NO, too much dummy, not fair, too high, not market price, etc. We all own these things, is it in our best interest to drive the price down? I think not, unless the guy comes on and asks what's a fair price? That's different. This has always been a pet peeve of mine and something that is practiced with great skill at bimmer.org due to the fact that a large proportion of guys there are shoppers rather that owners as we are here. A final comment..IMHO, you guys trying to unload right now are missing the boat. The SRT is delayed, no more GTS or rt10 being made, at some point soon dealers run out of old cars, no new ones yet? And if you own a GTS, why dump now, wait till the market finds out no more and after all the guys who must sell the gts to get the srt clear out of the market. Mark my words wait one year, GTS prices will be up, maybe not true for RT10 as more convertible types may go for srt...but one fact...no more coupe...one caveat...don't wait TWO years to sell, my prediction is new coupe in 2005. But, now is a lousy time to sell a GTS, wait a while! No flames to anyone, just a BUSINESS interpretation of the used Viper market.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee00blacksilverGTS:
Kelly, I'm afraid I agree, your buyer got a GREAT deal, I would have hung on for more. Trey is an interesting example, he's hanging in there for a while to get his price and that's what ya gotta do. I've watched him work it, even I think on the Corvette forum, sorry Trey if I got this mixed up..my point is he's WORKIN' it, talking to guys in various places and waiting for the one guy who shows up or hears about it after all the networking who WANTS that car with those mods at a FAIR price to both parties. You can't be in a hurry if you want a good price for the car. And you have to advertise it in the right places..Autotrader probably being the best...if you put it in your local paper and I mean your local BIG paper like the Washington Post and the Viper classifieds here and got nothing, then not enough work. There are guys who have the stomach for this sales work and there are others who will drop like a fly at the first offer because they don't have the patience or the NEED for that extra 5k. For others it ain't just about the money, don't need it, it's about keeping score, how well can I do on this deal. I recently did very well in selling an M5, had it for 24 months, put 20,000 on it and got 6k less than MSRP, which is what I paid, but I worked at it and tried various things, bringing it up on a BMW board like this got a whole bunch of tirekickers on email, the Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun..Both BIG papers, not ONE call. Couple of those private services..nothing..autotrader..put it on WITH A PICTURE. (FORGET IT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PICTURE) at 10pm Sunday night...7am 5 phone calls, first guy, "I'm 200 miles away, I WANT the car, I don't want to argue about the price, it's fair, I'm bringing a bank check, be there in 4 hours. He was there, the car was gone, and he was a fun car guy, showed up in a custom lowered, crazy painted, supercharged Durango. The price was the same as I had quoted on all the other ways I had tried, and it sold in 12 hours...point is I did not lower my price I tried harder to find the right venue..autotrader, instead of bimmer.org or the papers. One other thing, I wrote a heck of an ad, I said "never been smoked in or even 20 feet from it".. I said " Never valeted or driven by anyone other than me, even the DEALER" The point is, advertise in the right place, and spend time writing the advertising, and be patient. And the worst thing, by the way, for all of us is for a guy to come on the board, say he's selling his car for whatever $ and the rest of us to say...NO, NO, too much dummy, not fair, too high, not market price, etc. We all own these things, is it in our best interest to drive the price down? I think not, unless the guy comes on and asks what's a fair price? That's different. This has always been a pet peeve of mine and something that is practiced with great skill at bimmer.org due to the fact that a large proportion of guys there are shoppers rather that owners as we are here. A final comment..IMHO, you guys trying to unload right now are missing the boat. The SRT is delayed, no more GTS or rt10 being made, at some point soon dealers run out of old cars, no new ones yet? And if you own a GTS, why dump now, wait till the market finds out no more and after all the guys who must sell the gts to get the srt clear out of the market. Mark my words wait one year, GTS prices will be up, maybe not true for RT10 as more convertible types may go for srt...but one fact...no more coupe...one caveat...don't wait TWO years to sell, my prediction is new coupe in 2005. But, now is a lousy time to sell a GTS, wait a while! No flames to anyone, just a BUSINESS interpretation of the used Viper market.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly! That's exactly what I'm doing.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people have more money than sense. They destroy the value of the car for all us when they sell like this.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We Viper owners are our own worse enemies. The cars aren't selling lower, we are just offering them lower and forcing the market down by our own actions, not by what others are willing to pay. Lets move the opposite direction, ask more, eventually the buyers have to come to us, Dodge isn't making any more so we own the market. Mine isn't for sale but if it was, hell, I'd ask $69,000 and then I wouldn't want to give up my baby.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VIPR GTS:
We Viper owners are our own worse enemies. The cars aren't selling lower, we are just offering them lower and forcing the market down by our own actions, not by what others are willing to pay. Lets move the opposite direction, ask more, eventually the buyers have to come to us, Dodge isn't making any more so we own the market. Mine isn't for sale but if it was, hell, I'd ask $69,000 and then I wouldn't want to give up my baby.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point, however everyone should consider the other side of the argument. The economy is horrible (Bad for Viper prices). A new Viper is about to hit the market resulting in 1,500 older Vipers that could be for sale soon (Bad for Viper prices). Did I mention the bad economy? The bottom line is that, while Viper prices may eventually rise, the market has never been worse for those needing to sell.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kelly T:
with another car to be delivered in January.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kelly, what was your car dealer offering you for your Viper?
You must be registered for see images

If you don't mind me asking.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is for sale and i will not go below $66k
I have a buyer for spring lined up.
And had to turn away another.
what the heck are you guys doing?

OP
OP
H

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason I'm selling my car so low is because of a key scratch on it. I've had many buyers approach me regarding the car when I had an ad posted for $64,000 , but the scratch deters them. Today, with NEW Vipers going for $66,000 , only a ***** would pay 64,000 for a used one!

If you have a buyer lined up who's willing to pay 66,000 good luck!
sarcblink.gif
I feel jealous! Yet, I can't wait until next Spring to sell the car for a bit more. So right now, I'm willing to sell at 59,000
dunno.gif

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper prices are low, and they are probably going to get really low as soon as that 2003 hits the streets. I recently passed up a 2000 ACR with 9K miles for 55K - a steal (still lurking on Ebay from time to time). I think your price is fair or maybe about 3K off.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see placing an ad for your car here rather than in the classified section. It seems like people do that now and then. It seems like bumping it over and over is a little much. Think what the board would be like if we had to wade through constant posts offering cars for sale in order to find a discussion.
If I'm out of line bringing this up please excuse me.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And why are all those jerks selling their GE for $26/share? Let's all get together and get it back up to $45.

DG Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joe117:
And why are all those jerks selling their GE for $26/share? Let's all get together and get it back up to $45.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

$45? Let's get it back up to $60! Don't hold your breath on that $45 the way that some of the long cycle businesses are taking a pounding...unfortunately...

frown.gif

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, should I hold it and sell the covered calls? (Jan.2005 strike $45 for $1.05), I don't think it's going to take that long, do you?
Or just hold it?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't work for GE. Remember, this is on topic and technical cuz we are talking about GE stock in terms of Vipers, right?