Performance Computers and Programs 1992-2006 models

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just want everone to know we are still programming all Viper controllers. Stock calibrations, race calibrations, blower flashes and highly modified engines. We do custom calibrations on our dyno or from your dyno sheets. We offer new PCM's or can do yours. We have hundreds of programs and offer a 100%
money back warranty.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turn around time if I send mine?
Warranty / number of adjustments to address drivability issues etc

Please PM me with cost to calibrate a stock PCM (RT hi-flows, 3" Corsa cat back, tubes and filters, skip shift)
Thanks

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a 96 GTS with Random Tech high flow cats, 3" Borla cat back, 1998 Viper shorty headers, K&Ns, smooth tubes and a Factory 10 intake. I love the rough idle and already have a skip-shift eliminator. What, and how much would I benefit from a re-flash?

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dans computer upgrade/flash took a full second (even a bit more) off my 1/4 mile times with my supecharged SRT Ram at a track elevation of 5800 feet (density altitude over 8000 feet). Talk about performance improvement per dollar...that was it!!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Performance Computers and Programs 1992-2006 models

:usa: Guys, This is one of the best mods you can do after you have completed all the other mods to the engine and geartrain that you have planned. The engine runs smoother, the engine coolant is cooler with a 171-185 thermostat, the engine idles better, and no longer pops. My gas mileage also went up along with a big increase in power and torque that you can feel. :2tu:

Robbie

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:usa: Guys, This is one of the best mods you can do after you have completed all the other mods to the engine and geartrain that you have planned. The engine runs smoother, the engine coolant is cooler with a 171-185 thermostat, the engine idles better, and no longer pops. My gas mileage also went up along with a big increase in power and torque that you can feel. :2tu:

Robbie
What He said :D :2tu:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What advantage is there to doing this if you alread have the VEC2?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dans computer upgrade/flash took a full second (even a bit more) off my 1/4 mile times with my supecharged SRT Ram at a track elevation of 5800 feet (density altitude over 8000 feet). Talk about performance improvement per dollar...that was it!!

What kind of times were you turning before Dan's reflash? It's easier to pick up a second when you're turning 14-15's than in the quicker ET ranges.

- When I think of Ram (truck) I think of slower ETs and easier gains to some degree.

:cool:

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was in the high 14s and just under 100 mph (density alt 8700 feet). I then ran a 13.889 at 105 mph (density alt 8200 feet). I could def feel the difference in 1st gear when launching and even hitting the pedal on the street. The truck is running a very safe tune so theres a bit more to be had. Another SRT Ram running a procharger with supposedly same amount of boost (6psi) or so ran against me and did a 12.8xx 1/4 mile against my 13.889.

Truck weighed 5050 pounds with me and a 1/2 tank of gas when I ran the 13.889 time. Either way, a full second and nearly 6 mph is quite a difference. 60' times were in the 2.1-2.2 range.

DWR46

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I think this is the biggest 'bang for the buck' performance improvement you can do for a Viper. Dan has upgraded both Gen II and GenIII computers for us. These were for completely stock Vipers. The results were simply amazing. Better drivability, smoother running, much stronger in the rpm range most people drive at. His service is superb, with very good communication.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Turn around time if I send mine?
Warranty / number of adjustments to address drivability issues etc

Please PM me with cost to calibrate a stock PCM (RT hi-flows, 3" Corsa cat back, tubes and filters, skip shift)
Thanks

Could I get a PM w/ same info and price for the exact same mods on a 2001 ACR? Thanks Dan!

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well it's been almost a month and no posted responses from DCP to questions since the initial post. Why does it have to be so secretive? No price etc info on the DCP website either.

Personally I find cryptic come ons like this, curious from a business standpoint, and just plain annoying-personally. Especially since the last email I sent to DCP got no response at all.

If you've got something to offer, just spit it out.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I never received any responce from my post or via PM either

Dan must be super busy

DWR46

Viper Owner
Reaction score

We are just one of Dan's customers, so I do not have a dog in this fight, but if he hasn't replied to your emails, just pick up the phone and call him. If Dan is not available, just ask for Tony. They have been very good to us and have always had great service. I think they are just busy.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We are just one of Dan's customers, so I do not have a dog in this fight, but if he hasn't replied to your emails, just pick up the phone and call him. If Dan is not available, just ask for Tony. They have been very good to us and have always had great service. I think they are just busy.

Ditto the above. :2tu: Just call Dan or Tony and they will give you all the time you need on the phone to answer your questions.

Robbie

G

grcforce327

If I'm really interested in something,I don't waste time with pm's or emails!I pick up the phone and call the source.This method has "NEVER" failed me with DC Performance!!! :headbang:

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

We program the early cars 1992-1996 and 1997-2002 specific to the the mods they have and any dyno info you can send us. There are many things we can do,
just call and we can over your car.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc.
310-841-6996

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan,

For the Gen3 folks, what is the differnce between the Mopar Perf computer and yours? This would be on a car with K&N's and Mopar Street exhaust w/o the crossover.

Do you know if the rumor is true about the Mopar Perf Computer wont automatically cycle up the engine fan when the AC is turned on?

What is the cost for one of your computers for a car configured as described above?

thanks

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Sorry to those who have not heard back from me. To be honest I do not frequent
the boards that often. I spend most of my time busy in the shop and being that I have a family I do not get on the internet at night that often.

I am always available by phone at the shop and always try to follow-up on my phone messages. 310-841-6996. We are updating the website, so I hope to have most of the computer tuning info on the site in the near future.

The programs we do differ depending on what mods you have and the year model of your car/truck. The SRT programs are pretty generic and seem to work well with most mods. The early cars differ from year to year and car to car. A dyno sheet with the air fuel readings really helps us dial in your calibration.

Our basic programs optimize your timing and fuel curves, revise your fan cycle, remove the skip shift and smooth out engine operation. We can also do some things to improve snap throttle response and decel popping. Our calibrations are $600 and some require a new thermostat to work with the new fan calibration (cooler running). We also offer new controllers (the additional
costs varys on the part number).

We usually can turn these around in 1 to 2 days. We offer a money back warranty if you are not happy and will make minor changes to the calibration
for no charge at your request. We also can tune the computer to your car on our dyno at the shop. We sell these for "off road use only" as they are not
certified in California.

The Mopar race controller only works with the full Mopar package (cam and exhaust). There were some AC related problems with some controllers but this may have been resolved.

Thanks,

Dan Cragin

418viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan- When you reflash a chip can you do away with the ability for the chips memory to store data such as max rpm's, speed? Thanks

bigtim

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan,

How much does it cost? How long would it take? Do you do before and after Dyno runs?

Tim

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wouldn't you be able to get better results if you can dyno the results after the reflash to ensure you have the tune exactly where you want it? If so, would a local tuner be a better option (provided they can properly tune vipers)?

I am pretty sure I would like a reflash for my mods, but am not sure if I want to do it local or send it to DC (both seem to have their perks). Does anyone know of reputable tuners near Philly (I'm ~45 min north)?

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for the questions. We can tune your car from your dyno sheets with air fuel readings. The programming for the Viper controllers is not available in the aftermarket, so we would need to work with your tuner to give you a custom program. Our base calibrations are very close, but tuning each car on the dyno gives better results.

We have calibrations for many models and configurations. Please feel free to call us anytime.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance
310-841-6996

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan - If someone (me) had a 99 gts with 1.7RR's, smooth tubes + 65 mm TB's, high-flow cats with Borla catback, Henne$$ey headers and a stock PCM putting down 441/492, and with good AF ratios - would you expect to pull anymore power out of it with your tune?

In other words, what could a mildly modified car expect to get out with just the addition of your performance based tune?

Thanks in advance.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

To bad you can not program the Comp Coupe Computers. Dodge Racing sold me a malfunctioned PCM. Dodge Racing will not support Comp Coupe owners unless you run in World Challange or Viper Racing League. The PCM Dodge Sent me runs the car way tooo lean. Spoke with a well know WC team, they can reflash their PCM's at the track. But i'm left holding a defective part, that might cause my engine to implode.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I thought the Comp Coupe's came with Motecs? Or something along those lines.

If so you can easily have a tuner program it the way you want.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan - If someone (me) had a 99 gts with 1.7RR's, smooth tubes + 65 mm TB's, high-flow cats with Borla catback, Henne$$ey headers and a stock PCM putting down 441/492, and with good AF ratios - would you expect to pull anymore power out of it with your tune?

In other words, what could a mildly modified car expect to get out with just the addition of your performance based tune?

Thanks in advance.

My 99 with an AEM unit, Borla(no cats), pulley, air filters made 451rwhp and 508lb's torque, on a very conservative tune for CA gas.

If Dan can tune the factory computer anywhere close to air/fuels of what the AEM unit can do your car should make another 50rwhp. Headers/RR's should be easily worth that, but unfortunatly the factory computer has no way of knowing that your car needs more fuel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude