Pic - New Viper Coupe in Road and Track Magazine

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I hope it is wrong, but the article says the HP numbers will remain unchanged.

OP
OP
C

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Pic - New Viper Coupe in Road and Track Magazine

I know....I cant believe there is no double-bubble roof.

Hopefully Road & Track is way off on this one.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thankfully, that is a "photo illustration", meaning they pulled it out of their - you know. Worried about the horsepower quote? Not from these idiots. If they are so incredibly stupid so as to IGNORE the actual SRT Coupe prototype shown in Dallas at VOI 8 (including the double-bubble sweeping roofline), then they are obviously too clueless to find a real quote about horsepower. I mean really, they quote an unknown source at Dodge regarding the Comp Coupe bodywork and can't even feed off of the actual prototype shown three months ago? Yawn...

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean really, they quote an unknown source at Dodge regarding the Comp Coupe bodywork and can't even feed off of the actual prototype shown three months ago? Yawn...

That's exactly what one of the SRT engineers told me at VOI.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They show the C6 Z06 right below....

Chevy paid R&T to put it there and they probably are the Photochoppers.

We'll find out soon enough if DC has plans to stay on top. Oopps, I mean stay in 2nd. Ford GT is the top dog.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I don't want to say it, I honestly believe the new Z06 will be a better car price no object than the Viper SRT10 Coupe.

What I can't understand is why Dodge just doesn't adapt the comp coupes body work and make it work for the street car. I see no reason that the front fenders can't be done as well as the rear quarter flares. The only problem may be the long overhang in the rear.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that is the new viper it will kill the brand, but my car will be worth a lot more!!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They don't want to redo too much of the bodywork because of the non-recurring engineering costs associated with a redesign. They're still trying to recoup their NRE for the initial bodywork on the gen III. I agreee the Viper's skin needs a redo but the bean counters are probably preventing it from happening.
:(

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if that's it, I don't think a lot of us will be dumping our GTS's to buy one. In fact, an SRT with a quality hardtop would look better and you'd still have the convertible when you wanted it.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if that's it, I don't think a lot of us will be dumping our GTS's to buy one. In fact, an SRT with a quality hardtop would look better and you'd still have the convertible when you wanted it.

Ding, ding, ding.... We have a winner!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi