Pics from Tucson performance car cruise

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are some pics from a local cruise I put together. 18 cars in attendance, up from last months 8. Enjoy.

My Z
You must be registered for see images

OOOPS!

group shots

There was supposed to be two Vipers but one had a water pump faliure prior to the weekend and the other was a friend of the same guy who didn't know anyone else in the group. Hopefully some Tucson Viper owners will see this post and join us next month. If you are in the Tucson area and wish to participate in one of our upcoming drives, please email [email protected] for information. Thank you.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got anymore pics of that white EVO? For under $30,000, it's kind'a growing on me.... White and Silver look the best, IMO. These colors tend to tone down the 'over-the-top' styling that boy racers seem to love.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, now I guess this is a Rice Burner Forum :crazy: It was only a matter of time, what's next Hugo's :mad: , Honda's with s/s tips :confused: New name (Chevy crap-rice burners-wind up toy's,anyone have any 12" race rims) :smirk:

OP
OP
R

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
(quote)Well, now I guess this is a Rice Burner Forum(quote)

Well I don't know what the F you are talking about...I don't see any rice in the pics I posted, no shopping cart wings, body kits, or vinyl decals. Maybe you should pull your head out of your ass!!! Not everyone has $80,000+ to blow on a car that produces a measly 56.25HP/Liter. My gut feeling told me not to post hear for this exact reason but I figured I'd take a chance and hoped there would be some members here that appreciate all types of performance vehicles. Apparently all you care about is your ego. Have a nice day.

BTW what the hell is a Hugo (Yugo?)

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Look's like pics of Any-Mall USA.
I saw a better line up this morning at the local 7-11. :eek:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only car I can say anything good about in that pic is the A-4. My wife, not by my wishes, has an A-6 and it rides great and the customer service is great. But seriously, RobZ, what did you expect?
That line-up is boring. ChoiceViper said it. See the same thing in any mall lot. I'm sure all the American Auto workers who didn't share in the building of those cars but see them on our streets really appreciate the pic also. And I know the argument, but it's B.S. Take a look at the sticker on the windows that show the last assembly location of some of those cars..............
AC

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys..A little ******* Rob here. Do you notice that he is or was an enthusiast of the Viper. He was also extending an invitation to go for a drive with them sometime.

The Viper is a great car but it is not the only car on the road. Everytime I go for a drive I see other cars out there and not everyone wants or has the means to get one.

The Viper does not make you a better person than someone else.

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love your 350Z.
That was always my favorite car and by the time I was in practice and making enough money to afford one they stopped making them. Yours is in beautiful shape...Great ride.

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Uh.... That's a 300 Tony.

And Hockeysnake, I'm not bashing. I had a 450+ rwhp '91. Just saying that I see nothing that stands out.

288My_300ZX.JPG

Sir Hiss RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You got to kidding me! :confused: Is this not the VCA forum? I think these guys made a wrong turn during their "cruise". Enjoy my Z? Maybe the "Z" forum would rather see these exciting pictures of "any line" up at a corner used car lot in Tuson!

WOW....maybe it's me........but I'm confused!

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ChoiceViper. You see nothing that stands out??? Maybe it does to the owners of those cars. Did you ever think of that?

SirHiss RT10. It is the VCA Forum and that is why he said he is extending an invitation to Vipers for a get together. That is also why we have Enthusiasts as well as owners on this Holier Than Thou Website.

You guys are so wound up about the Viper being the end all car of all time...Get over it. It is a great car. I am not going to get into a ******* match with fellow owners. RELAX.

BTW...Tucson not Tuson...Spellcheck.

ZBlacktt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say again?

Examples of what not to buy?

RT/10? I guess it's still a Viper though. Hats off to the RT/10 :headbang:

Question, my SIG shows up in preview, but not in these post, any answers?

ZBlacktt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: LOL

Thanks Bro ( double wink ) ;) ;) . Whats up with the SIG not showing up on the post, yet it displays in preview? Nice GTS, btw. Look at a 97 one like that last year for 37k, but my insurance said I'd fall in high risk for to many sports cars,, lol. So I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg a month for it all, and it all just sits most of the time.

Nice Z you had btw.

ZBlacktt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Say again?

Question, my SIG shows up in preview, but not in these post, any answers?
Because this is NOT the Corvette Forum.....so remove the code please (or leave it...I don't care). :)

Well that makes sense, now doesn' it? Guess it'll be gone then

ZBlacktt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure you seen this, but felt it would be a good post for here as well. Race this weekend with a Z that has bolt on parts ( turbo's injectors, IC's, stock long block ). Viper is an ACR and sure we all know their power. Viper looks to get nervous and red light out to a very quick start. Vipers awesome low end TQ makes them very hard to catch. But as you can see, even a small 3.0 6 cylinder has no problems here. Z's a standard 5 speed too.

http://www.socalzcrew.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=21

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ChoiceViper. You see nothing that stands out??? Maybe it does to the owners of those cars. Did you ever think of that?

SirHiss RT10. It is the VCA Forum and that is why he said he is extending an invitation to Vipers for a get together. That is also why we have Enthusiasts as well as owners on this Holier Than Thou Website.

You guys are so wound up about the Viper being the end all car of all time...Get over it. It is a great car. I am not going to get into a ******* match with fellow owners. RELAX.

BTW...Tucson not Tuson...Spellcheck.

I'm definitely with H.S. here - recently at the AutoX in Tucson we had some different cars then just Vipers at the event. A modded 240Z, Lotus Elan, Porsche C2, PT Cruiser, etc. The guy was supposed to have a couple of Snakes in the caravan, let it go. Most performance automobiles catch my attn, the Viper just does 100X moreso, so lay the hell off the guy.

Rob, thanks for the pics, look that that Evo ran out of road ;) . P.S. I'm in Tucson, PM me if you like, or visit Viper alley.com (no space), you can find me over there. A buddy of mine is really interested in a Z, yours looks real clean.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I for one like to see pictures of any events. I have been snow bound for 4 months and anyone enjoying a drive I am all for seeing the pics. So I have to thank you for posting the pics as it looks like fun.

Not everyone has $80,000+ to blow on a car that produces a measly 56.25HP/Liter.

But...I was tracking with you until you made this stupid comment. I did not “blow” any money on my car as it is a damn nice car. To quote a movie “if you have the means I highly recommend it.” I hate it when car people who love cars, come down on others for spending more. If you can spend more, more power to you. We often get Viper owners hating on Italian car owners saying how they “wasted” money etc, etc. It is only wasted if you do not have the means.

Now to the worst part! Who cares how much HP you make per Liter????? I never understood this stat. I can understand HP vs. Weight but HP vs. Displacement? How does that benefit anyone aside from a bench racer? It might equate to better gas mileage but WHO CARES. I did not by a V10 for gas mileage. If someone understands this argument, please explain it. I am guessing it is suppose to show superior technology, but if it was so superior why doesn’t it have more HP?

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sure you seen this, but felt it would be a good post for here as well. Race this weekend with a Z that has bolt on parts ( turbo's injectors, IC's, stock long block ). Viper is an ACR and sure we all know their power. Viper looks to get nervous and red light out to a very quick start. Vipers awesome low end TQ makes them very hard to catch. But as you can see, even a small 3.0 6 cylinder has no problems here. Z's a standard 5 speed too.

http://www.socalzcrew.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=21

Let's make sure we are comparing apples to apples here. ANY car can be made to do the quarter faster than a stock Viper. I will guarantee that the 300z in that video was running race gas. No 300Z pulls high 120's on pump. For that reason it is not a far comparison. A race gas car to a pump gas car... Come on.

ZBlacktt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's make sure we are comparing apples to apples here. ANY car can be made to do the quarter faster than a stock Viper. I will guarantee that the 300z in that video was running race gas. No 300Z pulls high 120's on pump. For that reason it is not a far comparison. A race gas car to a pump gas car... Come on.

Race gas as you know does not give you more power. It allows you to run a higher boost with less chance of detonation. That Z has bolt on's with stock 3.0 liter V6. Being a Turbo car vise the Viper you know as well that the Viper's low end high TQ numbers make it a hard car to catch compared to a turbo car.

Oh and last I checked an ACR is not a stock Viper is it? And these two guys know each other very well. :2tu:

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:confused: Are you trying to say that a stock 300z will beat a stock (any year) Viper in the 1/4 mile? Like Aaron said, any car can be moded to be quick in the 1/4 mile. I'm sorry but whats your point? :confused:

surrealist

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have you ever heard the term, "Run what you brung?" Apparently the other guy didn't bring enough horse power.

OP
OP
R

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only car I can say anything good about in that pic is the A-4.

Actually it's not an A4 but an S4. ;)

For the local enthusiasts, we are going to Sonoita/Patagonia on March 28. PM me if you want more details...

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Race gas as you know does not give you more power. It allows you to run a higher boost with less chance of detonation. That Z has bolt on's with stock 3.0 liter V6. Being a Turbo car vise the Viper you know as well that the Viper's low end high TQ numbers make it a hard car to catch compared to a turbo car.

Oh and last I checked an ACR is not a stock Viper is it? And these two guys know each other very well. :2tu:

Oh please tell me you are not trying to convince me that the race gas has no effect on the 300Z's HP... I appreciate your information as it is so enlightening but give me a break. Race gas = ability to run more boost = more hp. I did not think I had to spell it all out for you but I guess I do. If not for the race gas, he would have been picking up Z bits from all over the track.

Last you checked the ACR is not stock you need to check again. ACR is a factory option and performance wise it is only good for 10hp.

Do not get me wrong; I like the 300Z a lot. At one point, I wanted to get one for a daily driver. However, as far as being high on the HP food chain it falls a bit short. There is a video floating around of a Civic Hatchback beating a Viper in a street race. Everyone seams to love that video. I personally do not get it as the Civic runs 10’s on slicks. This is very similar but with a 300Z in place of the Civic.

If you point is, a modified car with race gas and a good driver can beat a stock Viper (that is not driven too well 12.6@114) than I would have to agree.
:2tu:

ZBlacktt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you point is, a modified car with race gas and a good driver can beat a stock Viper (that is not driven too well 12.6@114) than I would have to agree.
:2tu:

500.0 ft-lb. @ 3,700 rpm @ 3355lbs, 0-60mph 4.0 sec with a Red light start, yea I see your point here, bad driver ;) . I've also seen the Honda video, but don't care for it.