Pics! Garage and Viper...

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just some quickies tonight - tomorrow is Viper photo day! Finally now that the garage is painted...

Some before and after pics of the garage - I used Griots garage paint. Turned out really nicely but it took a lot of time. Hey, if it's worth doing....
smile.gif

Before
You must be registered for see images

After

A happy garage

A happy garage - the hidden bay...

Real Viper only pics to come tomorrow!
wink.gif

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I threw together a quick page for just the garage space - lots of before and after pics here :

http://home.attbi.com/~lwmont/garage.htm

BTW, the very first thing I tried when the paint was dry was to actully try to cause it to fail. Got the Lightning's tires nice and hot (not hard to do!) and pulled in. Cranked the front wheels at a dead stop back and forth trying to get the paint to creep and fold. Didn't pull up, didn't creep!

We'll see if it's still holding steady a year from now but the stuff is THICK. It's not the consistency of paint, it's more like honey (which makes spreading the stuff loads of fun let me tell ya). It will dry into a very solid, rubbe-like consistency if you leave some out overnight. If anyone has any questions about it all drop me a line.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice garage! Am I the only one who noticed the oversized Halflife posters? Very Cool.

Cheers,

Jay K.

Finished Doom2, Duke3d, Kingpin, Halflife, Quake 2, Quake 3, NOLF, SOF, Red Faction and too many others

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful job.I also painted interior white but used white vinyl tile with some light blue speckles in it on the floor.A humble suggestion.It looks like you are using incandescant bulb lighting.Get rid of those and add or replace with some fluorescent tubes.Your garage will glow. Bruce

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by needasnake:
Man! That Elise is going to be awesome!
cool.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know - I can hardly wait!

I get to go see/sit in one in person next month...should be a blast! It'll be the S2 currently available in the UK and not the one we'll see but that's fine with me.
smile.gif

I did spend some time with one earlier this year at E3...a little blue S2. Very nice! Love the proportions on that car...

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JGK95:
Nice garage! Am I the only one who noticed the oversized Halflife posters? Very Cool. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That may have something to do with my day job...

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com

wink.gif

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew2KRT10:
What's under the cover?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This!

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Bruce:
A humble suggestion.It looks like you are using incandescant bulb lighting.Get rid of those and add or replace with some fluorescent tubes.Your garage will glow. Bruce

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the list!
smile.gif
Hoping that will add that nice final touch...

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nexus, you've got a PM. Hey if your ever in need of a beta tester for the PC side. Holla if ya hear me!

Cheers,

Jay K.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JGK95:
Nice garage! Am I the only one who noticed the oversized Halflife posters? Very Cool.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny, because that is the second thing I noticed as well - Viper, poster(s - there are two), Camaro, Beemer.
We are very serious about Counter-Strike here in our house, with my little kiddies (12 & 15) having won several CS tournaments in the area. C'Mon Condition Zero!!!
supergrin.gif

Chris

PS. GREAT floor too!

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jcaspar1:
Looks great. What kind of floor prep did you need to do before applying the coating?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Prep work wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be :

1) Sweep clean. Wash it down. Degrease. Rinse.
2) Etch with muriatic acid. Little sections at a time. Rinse.
3) Squeegee til it's just damp.

Prep took about 3.5 hours. First coat of paint took 7.5 hours. Final coat took 2.5 hours. Had to let the first coat dry 24 hours. Then let the whole thing dry 48 hours before touching it. Honestly it was near dry after 7 hours.
wink.gif

One thing I would have done differently - I would have filled in the nicks and pits in the floor. They scream out now that the paint draws attention to them with lighting changes (it's a shiny paint)