Pics of '02 "********" ACR

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to open a can of wounds, but since your talking about it. Maybe some of us can learn a lesson or two from this........Did you have to pay your own attorney costs? Basically what I'm asking is, when I go to a Viper Club event like this......am I covered? I know for a fact that my Hagerty Insurance would not cover me. Whatever insight you have, I'd love to hear it. Sorry for derailing this thread, you can PM me if you prefer. Thanks

OP
OP
C

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My insurance (Nationwide) did cover me. An interesting aside was the first Nationwide person I talked to when taking information on the accident recognized the street address as the racetrack. However, racing is now not covered on my policy as a written exclusion. Nationwide was VERY good and even exceeded what I was hoping for on the settlement. Jon B and Bill Pemberton helped with that. All in all, dealing with the insurance company (though not fun) was one of the more pleasant surprises in the accident experiences.

Advise: Make sure your insurance does cover you. I was surprised I was and thought I was totally at risk. The club's insurance helped immensely in the litigation. When you go to the infield medical after an accident realize you are in shock and insist on a checkup. I was hurt worse than I thought and told them I was OK with just a little pain and was not examined. I was surprised at the lack of concern shown to me by medical personnel and safety crew at the track. Many kudos to the Oregon and Washington clubs for taking care of me.

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't expecting to see that! Important thing is you are OK. Although you had one of the nicest Vipers on the planet, cars can always be replaced.