PICs of Vipers on 20's

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PICs of Vipers on 20\'s

Thinking of changing wheels. Want to see pics of your cars with 20 inch rims.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: PICs of Vipers on 20\'s

i think the wizard says that 20's will keep your hood from opening correctly or something like that.

MIKE-HKS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i will get my friend to post pics this week, we are also in miami , he just got 20's all around on his 02gts "AVUS" 4.5 inch lip in the back and 3 in the front .
yes opening the hood is a bit of an isue , just turn the wheels all the way to one side, and it opens no big deal.

OP
OP

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

MIKE-HKS, That would be great. Avus is one of the wheels I'm considering.

houstonT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Houston,

Black with silver stripes. My favorite! And those wheels look bad ass. Do you have anymore pics of your car? Love to see more.Also What kind of wheels are they? Thanks....

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've seen this GTS in person and its absolutely awesome. Im not a big fan of the Startechs, but they looked really nice with the black/silver combo. It being lowered didnt hurt either.

96 B&W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They all look great! I love how well they fill up the wheel Wells. Do all of these car have lowering springs or coil overs? Has any one put 20"s with out lowering the car?

houstonT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys, thanks for the comments!!! The pics I posted are NOT my car, I have an 02 Graphite with 19's. The car I posted is Jason Styles' car of Houston, TX. It has an RSI TT package and runs around at 900+ rwhp on pump gas! The car looks killer, I'm usually not a Startech fan but the wheels look GREAT on his car...
Peter

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

They all look great! I love how well they fill up the wheel Wells. Do all of these car have lowering springs or coil overs? Has any one put 20"s with out lowering the car?

Nope, mine is not lowered, but I am going to give in and put eibach's on.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

20's? do these come with a free 50 cent cd?

Mine didn't come with the cd, but it did come with the ability to smoke 99.999% of vehicles that will pull up next to me at the next light, smart ass. :rolleyes:

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Viper I posted has Eibach lowering springs.

96 B&W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gary I have a few questions for you:

1.) What did you use cover overs or lowering springs?

2.) Compaired to a stock 97 was your car higher or lower than the orginal ride height with the 20's.

3.) Did you have any performance proplems with using 20's?

Thanks

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

20's? do these come with a free 50 cent cd?

Mine didn't come with the cd, but it did come with the ability to smoke 99.999% of vehicles that will pull up next to me at the next light, smart ass. :rolleyes:

How much HP & TQ did you get from the 20's? I thought all they did was add to rotating mass and unsprung weight which would REDUCE both acceleration and braking capabilities not to mention a much harder ride and a better chance of wheel damage on bad roads. Since you sacrafice all that you should at least get a free 50 cent cd to be as getto as possible. My 2 cents and I won't call you a dumb ***. ;)

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

20's damn did you guys forget this is a Viper sight not a damn Hummer forum. These cars may look cool but they must handle like sh__t.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gary, I really like the look of the 20" HRE 847Rs on that GTS. I'm sure that the new owner will enjoy the striking good looks of the car as well. :laugh:

vipergts2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ya I guess my car looks like [******] on both sets I have had...

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score

20's are freakin' awesome, and so are all the cars pictured here. I've always been a fan of big rims, it doesn't matter what car it's on. Gary's blue/white (ex)car has got to be the nicest looking Viper on the planet!! :headbang:

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

You know I hated the SRT-10 but with the new H fascia, it looks real nice with big wheels and lowered. But it still resmebles a corvette a bit. I think if the back hatch came down with more of a longer swope it would look good. But nice!!

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How much HP & TQ did you get from the 20's? I thought all they did was add to rotating mass and unsprung weight which would REDUCE both acceleration and braking capabilities not to mention a much harder ride and a better chance of wheel damage on bad roads. Since you sacrafice all that you should at least get a free 50 cent cd to be as getto as possible. My 2 cents and I won't call you a dumb ***. ;)

I can boil the tires at 120mph if I choose to, so power is not an issue. I have had my wheels for 4 years now with no damage, and lets face it, if you have a set of 20" HRE 840 series wheels, having a spare set of track wheels and tires is not an issue. The bottom line is, I think the 20s look really nice(and so do others according to the dozens of emails I have gotten over the years), and they are what I choose to drive around on when I feel like doing things that don't require my performance A game (like when I toasted that turbo hayabusa).

BTW, any time you want to line the two cars up, I will show you just how much acceleration the wheels take from my car. I'll even turn the boost controller off and run you on my wastegate springs.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gary I have a few questions for you:

1.) What did you use cover overs or lowering springs?

2.) Compaired to a stock 97 was your car higher or lower than the orginal ride height with the 20's.

3.) Did you have any performance proplems with using 20's?

Thanks

Lowering springs.

Much lower.

No performance problems. I don't road race the car, but on the street, everything feels great to me. Feel free to email me if you need any other advice. :2tu:

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Snakester,
Thanks man. The one I am building now should look nice too. I will post pics when I get done.

Snake dreams,
Thanks a lot man!

ab,
Thanks man. Hope to see you in Bradenton!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte