Picture Of A 2001 Dodge Viper GTS ACR That Blew Up

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have any idea if a collsion caused the explosion?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that the new GTS that burned due to a lost power steering cap?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always wondered what Sapphire would look like with flames.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that the pic was partially photoshoped. If there was so much fire then the front tire would be the first one to go. Also for so much fire the whole road would be soaked with water.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe this was shown some time ago with the owner commenting on it.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These pics have been around for a couple years. In this one it shows the hatch up but after the fire is out the hatch isn't shown at all.

Seifer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, but look at the flames inside the driver side window.

that, and just looking the the perspective of the viper in comparison with the surrounding pavement ... they dont seem to mesh properly. I've seen ALOT of photoshop work, if I had to bet I'd say this is fake.

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that the new GTS that burned due to a lost power steering cap?

That's a well-known (and quite old) Photo Shop job. Somebody sends me the link from wreckedexotics.com every few months. I've complained to the guy who runs the site -- he's usually good at removing fakes -- but for some reason he insists on keeping this one.

The car that burned last year due to a lost PS cap was a yellow RT/10. I posted the original pix. I still have them, but I'm at work and don't remember the URL (they block FTP so I can't go look up the paths).

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Photochop. The real GTS that burned was auctioned off in California about a month later. That car was black though, but the damage was identical. The auction company refused to give me details about the crash/burn so your guess is as good as mine.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Photoshopped, on here over a year ago.
yeah, but look at the flames in the window.
the flames would have been pouring out the side. There's nothing holding those flames from coming out. Tire would be gone. I'd think there'd be more flames in the front brake area as well. As stated before, the fireman's hose is under the car SOMEHOW. did he slide it under there? Not possible most likely.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was actually wondering when firefighters started using garden hoses? Is this common in the states? :p

Called a "booster line", usually 1", used for grass fires, trash fires, wetdowns.

Most departments use 1-1/2" or 1-3/4" structual firefighting line for vehicle fires, most especially when they are that involved in fire.

And yes, definately Photo Shop

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea if the picture was photoshopped. However, some very reasonable things could explain the appearance in the pictures.

Why didn't the tire burn? The tire may be some distance from the car (closer to the camera). If the shot was taken with a long lense, depth of field is often lost.

How did the fire hose get under the car? Again, the hose may be between the tire and car, and otherwise hidden by the curb.

How come the flames aren't leaping out of the window? 1. Depth of field again. The flames may be some distance "behind" the driver's window. 2. A photo is a very brief moment in time, perhaps the flames were jumping in and out of the window, with this picture capturing just a single moment.

What happened to the hatch? The pile of broken glass under the rear of car suggests the hatch may have exploded from the heat.

Why didn't the roof melt? Come on now, the car isn't made of butter, you may also ask why didn't the doors melt.

How come the perspective of the car doesn't mesh well with the background? Looks fine to me.

Where's all the water? Search me, maybe the picture is a fake!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Door opener area virtually untouched. The amount of fire inside would damage the top of the doors and roof.
The dusty look simulating paint damage is gone in the second, car looks almost clean and shiny.
28 years in the fire service I can tell you it smells, er, looks fishy!

Kurt

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Look closely. The first picture is the exact same as the second, only a lot of flames, a lot of "dust" on the side, and the hatch was photoshopped in.

Seifer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look closely. The first picture is the exact same as the second, only a lot of flames, a lot of "dust" on the side, and the hatch was photoshopped in.

1st pic has a car in the foreground.

btw, who has a camera at the moment a viper explodes in a parking lot? And, who would get this CLOSE to an exploding car?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine