Pictures of the Mound Road Engine Plant

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the Mound Road Engine Assembly plant. Remember, the Viper engine assembly area will be moving to CAAP very shortly, so they will have the engine work as well. I have to say that the workers at all the Viper assembly areas are extremely proud of their work. They take pains to make sure this is not just another car!
This first picture is self explanatory. There are about 8 to 10 workers on the Viper engine line, and they only assemble 8 engines a day!

You must be registered for see images

This next one is a shot of the partially assembled engine. They do not do any machining work here, but totally check out all parts to make sure they meet spec. If not, they can reject it on the spot and send it back!

The end of the assembly line, another 450 hp monster ready to do battle against the forces of evil!

Hope you enjoy the pictures, but the best thing you can do is to come and see all the Plants and ASC for your self!

Geoff Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody come out with timing gears for the Viper engine instead of the timing chain?. I have in the past replaced the timing chain with gears on my big block engines. I wonder if there is any need for them on the Viper engine.