Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Hood.. Fasacia

The damage is a lot worse than it looks in the picture..
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So cut off the bend parts and reweld in straight pieces or start with a new frame or a clip.Nice project car if they let you keep it.It could end up straighter than the original. Bruce

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
afy,
seeing your car in that shape is just heartbreakin...
again ... it has been said many times at least your okay!!
any word on a new one yet?

OP
OP
A

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Bruce:
So cut off the bend parts and reweld in straight pieces or start with a new frame or a clip.Nice project car if they let you keep it.It could end up straighter than the original. Bruce

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheaper to buy a new one...

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Sad day! Hate to see that, but as already stated, at least you are OK!!
May your Snake Rest in Peace!!

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Afy, glad to hear you are ok. Just wondering, what condition is the engine in and on the first picture i noticed the front badge is missing, did u manage to recover it? Could serve as a good rememberance medalion. Just an idea.

Take care - Rowan.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****!
Project car? If you have lots of time and space, but meanwhile, get going on the new one. I wouldn't be happy unless I was in a new one ASAP.
I never understood something. If Insurance totals the car, and pays you off, why do they get to keep the car? Seems to me that if you are paying insurance premiums, then you are intitled to the money. Then, it is up to you what you do with the money. You can elect to 1. Keep the money, not fix the car and take a bus, or 2. Fix the car with the money. or 3. Buy a new car (any car) and fix the damaged car with whatever funds. Whose business is it of the insurance company what you do with your insurance money?
I had a similar problem with a claim against UPS. After my 5K package was damaged, they wanted to pay me for my insurance claim of 5K (which we later settled on 3,500 just in order to expidite) but then they wanted to keep the damaged package. They had no logical right to do so. So I got my money, and my package, and did what I wanted to do.

Good luck,
Andrew

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Afy,

It's not that bad. It's just like every other Viper that takes a whack at the front - only you skinned the side up pretty good too.

The biggest problem? Daimler-Chrysler doesn't seem to want to sell frame clips for section repairs. They want everyone to part the car out and buy a new one. The issue here is that 80% of the parts needs are for front ends and the used market doesn't have any.

Moral of the story? If you're going to lose it, back it in and you'll have plenty of takeoff parts to rebuild with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te