Pinnacle kicks ass....

GodShall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I first bought the viper and came here I bought some Zaino and was very impressed. I decided to try Pinnacle and break out my old buffer which didnt work any longer. When out and bought the PC7336sp to give it a try.

I must say, the advanced swirl remover from pinnacle was pretty top notch and the wax, puts Zaino to shame for shine and ease of use ( just my opinion)

Here are some pics. Turned out pretty good.. I thought anyway. and yes, I still have it:)

You must be registered for see images attach

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your car looks great!

I have used Pinnacle for the past 10 years and love it.

Which wax did you use? I use the Souveran which is for darker paints.

OP
OP
G

GodShall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tim,

Yes, it was Souveran. What amazed me was the ease of the application. I have never seen wax look so wet and be that easy to use.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used Pinnacle for the last year or so. Nothing even comes close.

martyb

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper looks great. I'm confused as to the year. You have 96-98 rims but a 99+ fascia.

Also, looks like you put shine on the tire tread? Big no-no.

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only problem with pinnacle, it will need to be reapplied every 30 days. Try putting a second coat on her after 24 hours. You will be even more amazed.

Robert

OP
OP
G

GodShall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Chuck,

It a 98'. The tire gloss was from zaino ( should be safe)and an old polishing technique to give it that gloss not to mention the tires are 4 days old.

THe fascia has me interested. How do you know its a 99?

I ask because a curb jumped out in front of me and tore a small section of the fascia so I went to replace it and when the replacment came, it was different. So, what your saying would make sense.

What doesnt make sense is when I took this one off to repair it, it was already repaired on the other side. Are you telling me the original might have been replaced with a 99 only to be fixed again..

Damn, how many accidents was it in with 10,000 miles. Dont buy one from a woman..LOL Just kidding Mary:)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fascia doesn't have three small holes for the fog lenses, subsequently no fog lenses. 99 was the first year of no lenses.

Hard to say why the 99 fascia was fixed. It could have been damaged in shipping - a common problem with body parts. But if the damage was in the same place as the old fascia I suspect it was used and then repaired.

Also, the rims don't look like they have the luster of 98. But that could just be the photo. Each year from 96 to 98 they were a bit more polished.

Got a pic of the NACA duct?

Don't let any of this bother you. If the car runs as well as it looks then it's no big deal. Enjoy.

OP
OP
G

GodShall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now its making much more sense. We sent the new fascia back because if these slits by the lights..LOL

THe rims look almost chrome, actually, they look chrome except one new one which has the clearcoat. I need to remove it and polish it but the car is for sale, so I wasnt going to bother..

Maybe I should?...

I need to find a 98 pic and see what those light looked like. THanks for the info/compliment and yes she runs perfect. Actually, I think flawless would be a better word.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. I'm usually not impressed when I open 'I just detailed my Viper' posts/pics, but that is one of the best shine's I have ever seen. Might have to give that Pinnacle a try....

BTW - When you used the Zaino, were you using the new Z-2 Pro or the original Z2. Just curious, as the new Pro product is supposed to be superior, but I've never used it.

Also, have you ever tried 3M swirl mark remover, and how did the Pinnacle compare?

OP
OP
G

GodShall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi onerare,

I used the latest z-2 pro and is still a very nice product but not near the shine and it was way too many steps. I would say I like pinnacle a bit better over 3M. I have used 3M on my wife's Infinity and it did the job but pinnacle did a better job with a less abrasive cutting pad which tells me its better.

Not to mention, I havent ran a wheel in years so the less agressive pad, the better. I had some pretty bad swirls and spider webs in there also and now..NONE.Well almost none:)

I literally used only a finecutting pad and applied wax. I didnt even move to a polishing pad for high sheen. It looked that good without it.

The pictures dont even do the shine justice. Check out the trees and horizon on the lid.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only use Pinnacle products on my cars. Their tire gel is great too. There was a post a while ago on wax, and someone posted a black Viper, that the mirror shine was so fantastic it looked like the photo couldn’t be real.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great! :2tu: Another option some of you may want to try is a new German polymer product called Menzerna. I'm also a longtime Zaino user, and I have to say I think the Menzerna has it beat in all respects (except it probably doesn't smell as good, if you're into that), and the really good thing about it is it is supposed to be very long lasting. I just threw a couple of coats on my black E55 and it not only looks and feels incredible (even slicker than Zaino to the back of your knuckles), the stuff is so slick I swear I've hit several bugs that just bounced off and didn't even stick to the car! I have maybe 20-30% of the "normal" level of bugs on the car for an identical drive. And those wipe off easily with barely a touch from a soapy wash mitt. I got caught in a heavy rain yesterday and you have to look at the car very closely to even tell it. Amazing stuff.

I may try Pinnacle on another car just to see how it compares.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great! :2tu: Another option some of you may want to try is a new German polymer product called Menzerna. I'm also a longtime Zaino user, and I have to say I think the Menzerna has it beat in all respects (except it probably doesn't smell as good, if you're into that), and the really good thing about it is it is supposed to be very long lasting. I just threw a couple of coats on my black E55 and it not only looks and feels incredible (even slicker than Zaino to the back of your knuckles), the stuff is so slick I swear I've hit several bugs that just bounced off and didn't even stick to the car! I have maybe 20-30% of the "normal" level of bugs on the car for an identical drive. And those wipe off easily with barely a touch from a soapy wash mitt. I got caught in a heavy rain yesterday and you have to look at the car very closely to even tell it. Amazing stuff.

I may try Pinnacle on another car just to see how it compares.

I have both Pinnacle Souveran, and Menzerna FMJ, along with the full line of polishes for both. The FMJ is remarkable! Your description of it is dead on! Pinnacle gives a very deep, liquid luster, but it's gone in a matter of a couple of weeks in the Texas heat. FMJ coated with Pinnacle looks fantastic!

OP
OP
G

GodShall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sold.

You used a PC and fine cut pad with the Pinnacle swirl remover and then applied the wax by hand, right?

Yes, that is correct and quite easy:)

Per some post, I dont know how long it lasts but I dont drive it much so I hope a while. If not, hell.. it was a breeze to do:)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a diehard pinnacle user too...it's the best. Besides the great shine, it goes on like butter and you don't have to wait that half hour for it to haze, you can polish it right away which cuts down on the overall time required. I can wax my Viper in less than an hour, complete.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a diehard pinnacle user too...it's the best. Besides the great shine, it goes on like butter and you don't have to wait that half hour for it to haze, you can polish it right away which cuts down on the overall time required. I can wax my Viper in less than an hour, complete.

Menzerna may be even easier to apply and remove!

OP
OP
G

GodShall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is another with my girlfriend Jessica ;)

You must be registered for see images

Perhaps some of you know her?

Alright..not my best morph but some of you looked twice..admit it :eek:

Had to make sure the wife wasnt looking over my shoulder..LOL

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started using it about three months ago. I purchased one of the pre-loaded kits. The kit I got came with everything and was contained in a nice presentation box. Basically the shine is fantastic, and the ease of use will make your day. If anyone is thinking of trying something different then Pinnacle is one to consider. By the way, you just missed Pinnacle's summer sale which ended on 15Aug. But, if you contact them directly (don't go to Auto Geek), maybe they will extend it for you.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have both Pinnacle Souveran, and Menzerna FMJ, along with the full line of polishes for both. The FMJ is remarkable! Your description of it is dead on! Pinnacle gives a very deep, liquid luster, but it's gone in a matter of a couple of weeks in the Texas heat. FMJ coated with Pinnacle looks fantastic!

Yea, the Pinnacle doesn't last too long. I'd say maybe a month or six weeks if you keep it out of the sun and wash once a week. But it's such a snap to apply it outweighs the short life IMO. I love the deep wet look the car gets, like the shine is 6" thick...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea, the Pinnacle doesn't last too long. I'd say maybe a month or six weeks if you keep it out of the sun and wash once a week. But it's such a snap to apply it outweighs the short life IMO. I love the deep wet look the car gets, like the shine is 6" thick...

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone have a good solution for the tires? I use "Tire Wet", but that slings off on to the door once I drive it. I like the shiny tire look. I too use Pinnacle wax and love it.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a good solution for the tires? I use "Tire Wet", but that slings off on to the door once I drive it. I like the shiny tire look. I too use Pinnacle wax and love it.

Dv8tor, that is an easy one I switched years ago to Mothers Duration Extended Wear Tire Care, it is a cream in a squeeze bottle, you squeeze it on to tire foam applicator (comes in box) and spread across tire. Lasts a long time and no slinging off, in fact you can drive the car immediately.

I use it on all my cars now., I even keep bottle in my daily driver and have the local CAr Wash put it on when they wash the car since I can't stand to have the black spots after leaving the place for 2 blocks worth of driving.