pinning the ati damper

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
easy stuff but it takes TIME to do it RIGHT.

i pre drilled the dampner on a drill press and used those holes as a guide for the drilling on the crank. they were perfect when it was done.

when i took off the original dampner which was drilled and pinned wit hthe roe kit, the holes were very crooked and the pins were barely in the crank. it woulda spun off.

OP
OP
V

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ive been wondering about that im pulling off my stock crank pulley wich is pinned with roe pins do they come out when pulinthe damper

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you want, we can EDM keyways into your ATI damper so you can use dual 1/4" keyways. [your crank must be keyed as well of course]

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
thats just it dan how do i key the crank shaft without taking it out?????

That would require a special fixture, surely something that you (or I for that matter) don't have laying around. It could certainly be made, but by far the easiest way is to just remove the crankshaft.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the car was in south florida, DLM can do the keying IN the car. and affordably too.....

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if the car was in south florida, DLM can do the keying IN the car. and affordably too.....

Are you 100% sure that it is a TRUE square key? I have my doubts, since I am dealing with another car right now which went through DLM, and it indeed still uses ROUND pins/keys, which we all know can be done in the car.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just spoke to doug sat night about it. its a square key and while the damper is IN the car....

OP
OP
V

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
update !!! i pulled factory damper off and the roe pin came out with it ..the drill hole it left behind was perfect on the crank we used a dremill and worked it a little and now the key fits PERFECT