Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Straight

Votes: 31 67.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So while I'm waiting for the motor to get rebuilt that Lingenfelter screwed up, (see my other tread for details), I decided to send my car to Michigan to Mach 7 Motor Sports for Jeff to install a Street Serpent package. He tells me this will be #12 overall, and the 2nd coupe he's done, the 1st with a stock roof. So my car is a 2006 Coupe in Black with silver stripes. I'm going to be keeping the same color combo and having Jeff install a stock 08 hood. However, I need your help and opinions on which stripes to go with, strait or tapered. I'm leaning toward the tapered but I'm not totally convinced. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3317.jpg
    IMG_3317.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010164.jpg
    P1010164.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 13

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Straight has more presence than tapered which makes the front look too skinny IMO.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at your two examples I would have to vote for the straight, but don't let us sway your decision. Stare at them for days and decide for yourself which one you like.

Bob

V

Venomiss

Voted for straight ones. Happy to see you got the Venom membership!
Maybe now you can win the raffle car while waiting on yours to get done......

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The fact that you mentioned you were getting an 08 hood gives me the best impression on what you are looking for. If the old hood was being used I would go with the straight, but with a new 08 going on for the look, I agree with your assessment ---- tapered!:2tu:

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the straight stripes better. Since you are in MD, at least I will be able to see a Street Serpent in person if you show up to a meet. When do you expect it to be completed?

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the straight stripes better. Since you are in MD, at least I will be able to see a Street Serpent in person if you show up to a meet. When do you expect it to be completed?

I hoping to have it together and on the road by the end of May. It can't come soon enough!!! With the warm weather finally here, I want my car back!!!!!! :D

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tapered. Both look good in front view but I don't like the way the staight go thru the hood vents. They always look disconnected and curved to me from the side and rear 3/4 views on 08 hoods.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I voted straight:2tu: of course I am bias:D

You must be registered for see images attach

But both look fine so I for whatever you go with:headbang:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So while I'm waiting for the motor to get rebuilt that Lingenfelter screwed up, (see my other tread for details), I decided to send my car to Michigan to Mach 7 Motor Sports for Jeff to install a Street Serpent package. He tells me this will be #12 overall, and the 2nd coupe he's done, the 1st with a stock roof. So my car is a 2006 Coupe in Black with silver stripes. I'm going to be keeping the same color combo and having Jeff install a stock 08 hood. However, I need your help and opinions on which stripes to go with, strait or tapered. I'm leaning toward the tapered but I'm not totally convinced. What are your thoughts?

Who's doing the paint work in Laurel? I am about to order a new hood for my SRT10 and I live in Laurel as well.

Good luck like the straight ones.

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's doing the paint work in Laurel? I am about to order a new hood for my SRT10 and I live in Laurel as well.

Good luck like the straight ones.

The car is in Michigan getting the SS package. Mach 7 Motorsports is doing all the work.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Straight for sure. Seeing as how you're getting the whole car painted anyway, you can get the stripes put on straight, just narrower like the Gen 4. Buff off the originals, and repaint the whole thing in a new thickness and spacing. No reason to do it half-a$$ed in your case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960