Please help

countlambo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got a 98 viper RT/10 but no owners manual. So what is that key for on the inside of your glove box and where is your battery located at.

OP
OP
C

countlambo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are some pics
You must be registered for see images attach

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY THAT'S MY CAR!!!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nice 98 you picked up...same situation I was in with mine, as I picked up mine without any papers, especially important is the owners manual...not the most intuitive car!!!:dunno: I found an original unused full set of papers, manuals and the leather portfolio it came in.

Here's one similar to what I found, also on Ebay. Priced a little higher than what I paid, but well worth the price...even has the original wheel cap tool::2tu:

1998 DODGE VIPER GTS/RT/10 OWNERS MANUAL, CASE TOOL - eBay (item 310013846104 end time Jul-07-08 21:02:27 PDT)

How many miles on yours? Its in beautiful condition.:headbang:

Peter

1998 RT/10, Viper Red :evilmad: (5k miles) "Tatorized"

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
C

countlambo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The had only 17,500 miles on it. Got to take it out and drive it this weekend and I m very happy with it. Only thing is I would like to bump up the hp on it. Maybe a supercharger. My buddy says I need better exhaust its to quiet.

Last edited:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, mine is bone stock and also a bit on the quiet side...would have preferred a little more sound :nono:but I do like the sound of the cams when it idles!:2tu:

For my purposes, I am fine with its power.:headbang: No plans to race and it this point, I'm leaning towards keeping it totally stock. Maybe down the road, I'll pick up a Vipermania hard top, but right now, don't yet see the reason for it. They produced less than 200 RT/10 Viper Red units in '98....probably much of the attention placed on the GTS, so in my opinion, nice RT to have.

Enjoy the car....:drive:

Peter

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok dave. all us gen1 owners that are curious want to know what the key in the glove box is for.....

chad, those are not trailers. they are bolt on camo for when you want to park in a bad neighborhood.:D

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, a true test of my memory,:omg: but I think it is used to temporarily override the engine shutoff if something set it off so you don't have to wait for it to re-set.

I guess I can go downstairs and look at the manual, but geez, you want me to go down one flight of stairs???:crazy2::crazy2:

252 huh, guess my memory is worse than I thought...tough for an old man to remember things:lmao::lmao:

Peter

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang