Plugs and wires

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's the latest on what I should use for spark plugs and spark plug wires for my 05?

I was at a Dodge dealer to pick up a couple of things recently, and out of curiosity, asked for a quote on changing the plug wires, and they said around $420?! That seems outrageous, what's a reasonable price to expect? At that price, I'll do it myself, even if it is a PITA on the Gen 3 (versus Gen 2, which was way easier).

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's the latest on what I should use for spark plugs and spark plug wires for my 05?

I was at a Dodge dealer to pick up a couple of things recently, and out of curiosity, asked for a quote on changing the plug wires, and they said around $420?! That seems outrageous, what's a reasonable price to expect? At that price, I'll do it myself, even if it is a PITA on the Gen 3 (versus Gen 2, which was way easier).

I suspect their seemingly outrageous price is because of the labor to remove the intake and of course the absolutely stupid prices they charge for parts. Get a set of AB's wires and a set of Bosch 4508 plugs [plugs assuming you're not FI] and you're good to go for almost ever. You can reuse the intake gaskets if they're not damaged. Replacing them isn't a high dollar affair anyway, like $50 or less.

--FQB

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Adam at Quality Wires and use them instead of the stock Mopar wires,you'll be happy you did.

Good suggestion RudeDawg, go with AB's home , I did :2tu: I let the dealer install them because the intake manifold needs to be removed on a Gen III

You must be registered for see images

elvis1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has anybody tried or succeeded in changing out the wires on a Gen 3 without pulling the intake? Is it possible? I would like to change mine but would like to skip the hassle of pulling the intake.:2tu:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has anybody tried or succeeded in changing out the wires on a Gen 3 without pulling the intake? Is it possible? I would like to change mine but would like to skip the hassle of pulling the intake.:2tu:

After watching the Viper Tech @ Tomball Dodge, I would say impossible without intake removal. Both coil packs are underneath it :crazy2:

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another for Abs. If your stock, i think chuck recommends chamption rc12 spark plugs

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Adam, and think he owes me a set of wires actually. I seem to recall using Champion RC12 plugs before, but it has been a couple of years.

That might work Tom, if you'll actually ever be around?! PM me a labor price? If you are too high, I might have to do it myself! ;)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Adam, and think he owes me a set of wires actually. I seem to recall using Champion RC12 plugs before, but it has been a couple of years.

That might work Tom, if you'll actually ever be around?! PM me a labor price? If you are too high, I might have to do it myself! ;)

You dufas, call once in a while and maybe I will give you Tom Session's number.................:D:D:D

For your car or any semi-stock car, RC12ECC!!!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Slaughter, where've you been? I was clicking through some pics last night and came across this one from 2001. Hard to believe it's been 10 years.

Chuck_JohnSlaughterMikeStuartGeraldHeddlesonScottStuartMe.jpg

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember that one, think I have it too. In a couple of months, it will have been 10 years since I came down, met you guys, and bought that first Viper...10 years?! Only about 120k of Viper miles for me, hard to catch up with you Chuck!