PMUM laid to rest today...

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...in Victorville Ca., it was a very surreal day, hundreds showed up at the church, many, many people from this board, and for that I thank you. It was a long service (2 1/2 hours) because of everyone who stepped up and eulogized him, again I thank you for that. The only thing longer were the cars in the funeral procession (maaaaany Vipers) maybe over a mile long. For me the finality of it sunk in when his casket was lowered into the ground and I realized I'd never see him again. I would like to thank everyone on this board for their kind words and I will keep you apprised on all the things we are doing in his memory.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, I'm so sorry for the loss of your good friend and from what you tell me you were very close to him. I'm sorry for the pain your feeling and the hole in your heart.. Celebrate his life and never lose thought of him. From only knowing of him on the board...he was a living legend..

Again, I'm so very sorry......... :( :(

Gerald

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too finally realized, as I watched the casket lower into the ground that I'd never see Paul again. Today was both and ending and beginning for all of his friends and family and I feel fortunate that I was able to know Paul. This past week has been very difficult for all of us who knew Paul and spent time with him on and off the track. If this past week has taught me one thing it is that "Life is too short to worry about the small things that we think are important at the time. We need to celebrate life and make the most of each day no matter how routine our lives can be for we never know when it can be taken away from us."
God Bless.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although not here in body, I know his memory will be eternal in your hearts and minds, and a day won't go by where you will not think of PMUM.

God rest his soul

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was an amazing day. Lots of tears but even more smiles and some laughter. His friends, co-workers and family telling Mumfordisms, stories and about the wonderful things he did for all those he knew.
His life was a fairytale. One with a tragic ending but a fairytale none-the-less. While he had much left undone, there is no doubt he left the world a better place than when he joined it.
I was thinking in the Viper on the way up from LA about Paul. I have stories but I'll save those for further down the road to keep reminding me of him. Some I'll save just for me so I can have the same contented smile he always had, even if just for a moment.
I also thought about someting I always believed....that I was so happy with my own life and had never met anyone that I would trade with. I changed my mind yesterday. Even with the way things turned out, I would have traded with Paul in a heartbeat. He was very special in all of life's dimensions and I can only aspire to such greatness. He sets the standard and I know that I will look to him for inspiration in the years to come.
I am better for knowing him and am pleased to be able to say that Paul was "my good friend."

Andy

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still in awe that PMUM passed away..My god..I can recall his fghts with me, and they were funny.He was the only guy on the board back in the days when there was no Viperalley, that actually put me in my place and I felt it..The guy was great with cars and the way he spoke and his knowledge about racing. It scks knowing that he had to be taken away from us at so early in life...Man, I don't fcken get it ....

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still in awe that PMUM passed away..My god..I can recall his fghts with me, and they were funny.He was the only guy on the board back in the days when there was no Viperalley, that actually put me in my place and I felt it..The guy was great with cars and the way he spoke and his knowledge about racing. It scks knowing that he had to be taken away from us at so early in life...Man, I don't fcken get it ....

I remember those battles, they were epic and fun to read, I went up to the archives and re-read them all, got a good laugh (rare these days)

wcollera

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn if I was not in this position that I am in now I would have droive out there from the east coast! I would have loved to be in a line of vipers going to a funeral.....anyone know what the estate is going to do with the comp coupe?

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn if I was not in this position that I am in now I would have droive out there from the east coast! I would have loved to be in a line of vipers going to a funeral.....anyone know what the estate is going to do with the comp coupe?

Erik Messeley is in charge of liquidating the cars.

OT Challenge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only is Erik in charge of liquidating the cars, PMUM always made it crystal clear how they were to be handed down. The estate is more than solvent enough to follow those wishes. There will be no firesaling to the general public and the close friends are standing around with piles of cash to pick up anything the family parts with.

Trust me, whomever gets that Comp Coupe is going to go through more screening than a Secret Service application.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there also with some good friends,JoeB,SpeedRacer,Ron,Ken,Redsled,etc.
Seeing,sharing and feeling the sadness and pain of Paul's family,Bridget,friends and others during all the ceremonies and especialty during the lowering of the casket in the ground,which had on it a private letter (from someone very close to Paul)and one of the "In Memory of" sticker/label that we did to honor Paul, I find it VERY disgracing that this thread is starting to be used to talk about how, when and for how much paul's cars are going to be sold.

That's none of your business.

As for " I will have loved to be in a line of Vipers going to a funeral", let me tell you something, a funeral has nothing "fun" about it and I will have gladly given away my Viper for this funeral not to happen.

Right now, beside having to deal with my own feelings, I think and worry a lot more about Paul's family and Bridget than some f%&(#ng cars.

Luc.
00GTS

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saturday, I laid to rest a great friend but more importantly a legendary man. I ask you to celebrate his great life and carry forward the positive impact and inspiration he had on the world by those he touched. "Pay it forward" if you will. Make a positive impact and inspire those that surround you by selflessly encouraging those you touch. If they ever ask you why, tell them, "Because you're Money"! Or pick your favorite "Mumfordism".

Thanks to my close Viper community that helped comfort me. Most of all my wife... (In random order, pardon the spelling, hope I got everyone)

Ron Wasserman
John Dearing
John Scott
Johnny "Yuma" Weigel
Craig Oka
Ron Jones
Roger Morgan
Doug Dye
Hugh Hord
Bruce Donaldson
Erik Messely
Dan Cragen
Chris Jensen
Dave Jenkins
John Purner
Luc Noel
John Martinez
Joe Bergante
Terry Rossi
Walter Keating
Paul, Mark, Chad and Byron Schley
Eddie Martin
Brett Meyes
Al Roberts
Ken Hayney
Aswin Suri
Brian Privost
Andy Weiss
Doug Hayashi
Wayne Mellow
Lance Watkins
Tenney Fairchild

PS. Luc, very well said! I too would give my Viper if it would have saved him. Would have given much more....

OT Challenge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken -

I'm glad we got a little bit of time together. Easily the hardest day of my life and there have been many hard days in the last few years. Paul was instrumental in getting me through those times but I know the "inner circle" has already circled the wagons for those of us still here. If you or your wife ever need anything, don't hesitate to call. Take care, bud.

PS. WAR SAYING "LAYING THE WOOD" IN CHURCH!!! :)

Brian Provost

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why in Victorville? Read he was from the East. I thought he lived in Yorba Linda? Is the family from there?
Thanks,
Ed
RIP PMUM

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang