Police save the Viper (kinda long)

nofearracer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well yesterday could have been a very bad day for me, but two police officers saved the day. I usually never take the viper to a restaurant at night, but yesterday I had a friend visiting and decided to take it. Thankfully I got a parking space under a lot light, and that is probably the thing that helped save it. In the middle of the meal, a police officer came in and asked to talk to the driver of the yellow viper(I start thinking if Ive done anything stupid lately). I go outside with him, and he tells me that they have arrested someone trying to vandalize my car. Apparently, they were driving by and seen the guy messing around with the car. They saw him shove something in his pocket after they spot lighted him and when they searched him it was a knife. They asked me to look the car over, and the only thing I found was something liquid running down from the right quarter panel(dont even have to guess what it is). They showed me the guy, and it was a guy I had fired(for stealing) from my fathers business a few weeks back. This guy goes crazy when he sees me and threatens me. The officer tells me not to worry the guy was going away for a while. I guess that sometimes the attention a viper draws from the police can be a good thing.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is awesome :2tu: To catch the scumbag in the act, you owe those police officers, so no speeding for one week :D Just watch your back, he may want to retaliate. I think TN is like Alabama, carry a POW for protection :2tu:

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And people often say "where are the police when you need one!"

Interesting side note...I also have a 1970 Challenger and Chevelle SS 454.

I like your taste in cars! :headbang:

Chris529

Viper Owner
Reaction score
nofearracer- glad nothing happened to your car. Some people need to get a life. I can't stand people that do things like that. Hopefully, he won't bother you again.
Where do you live in TN? I'm just south of Knoxville(Maryville).

Chris

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice to hear a story involving police with a excellent outcome. Not all 50 are jerks. Just like any other profession there are bad apples..

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear they got the A-hole before he did something to your car.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Wonder if the punk followed you to the restaurant? Or did he just happen to be in the area? Those would be long odds, unless you are in a small town.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear they caught him before he did anything. Hopefully this guy doesn't spot my car the next time I am in TN. :crazy:

OP
OP
N

nofearracer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1Tony & Chris, I live in Greeneville. Vic, I think I have the only yellow viper in town(3 others that Ive seen 1 blue/white GTS, and 2 red GENI's), so he probably just figgured it was mine.

Danny Ocean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The next time anyone complains about a speeding ticket, please remember this story.

Three Cheers for the men in blue!

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

Samurai75007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O man back in High school I got this kid in trouble for *** on school grounds. The next day he slashed all four of my K5 blazers tires. And I couldn’t do anything. I didn’t have enough to get all four new tires for the thing I got the tires that were on it only a month or so before. But after a few days after he confessed and the judge made him get me new tires. I hate that kind of stuff.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to hear! I wish I had cops around all the time to protect me and my property ;)