Polk Speakers Sound Great!!

A-Train

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright! After some research on this forum and advise from few fellow members, I went ahead and got the 6.5" Polk front speakers from Circuit City for $99 yesterday. Had the pair installed with no problems under 15 minutes. With the exception of having to solder the wires to the new speakers, everything else fits right into place, including the screw holes and stock speaker grills. You'd need to have the speakers turned upside down in order to fit the factory screw holes. And on the stock speakers the wires are marked '+' and '-' on the speakers itself. I think the green wire is positive, if I remember correctly.

Once installed and had the stereo cranked- there's quite a significant improvement compared to how the stock sounded. The highs and low are much more defined and no longer distorted when cranked too high. I'm able to crank to maximum without much distortion.

Best $99 spent on the new Viper so far.

Now I wonder if changing the base and midrange speakers would further improve... Now I'm considering the Mopar Navigation unit...

BTW, I am crazy about the sound of the exhaust and engine. But that is for my weekends while the top is down and sun is shining. Mine is a daily, so at 5am in the cold morning (and now wet) on the way to work, I'll need to crank my sound and for a wakeup jolt.

AHS
03 Blk SRT
01 Wht C5 (trying to sell)

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Send me an e-mail when you decide on purchasing the RB-1 Navigation system. I have to place an order for them this week...

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, Final GTS. Still deciding RB1 over the Pioneer Avic. How do I order the screws and magnetic oil plug from you?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Vincent,

Drop me an e-mail at your next convenience with "Order" as the title, a list of what you would like, and your address. I will send back the total w/shipping, and payment options.

Thanks!

PS- Here are some things to consider with Avic Vs RB-1:

-Do you care if it plays DVD Video? (Avic plays DV video)
-Do you care if it looks FAR from OEM? (Avic looks like a definate add-on with its dash install kits, etc)
-Map systems are very similar
-AVIC is touch screen- But at the same time, Touch screen is prone to damage & failure, Most important, the screens are VERY easy to scratch- even with your fingers...will look like "swirl markes" on paint in no time.
-The "performance meters" on the Avic really dont tell you much, and get old real quick.
-Hassle to install an Avic and retain factory wiring- RB-1 is Plug & Play, entirely.

OP
OP
A

A-Train

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send me an e-mail when you decide on purchasing the RB-1 Navigation system. I have to place an order for them this week...

Daniel- what is the nav going for? Also any recommendation for a good car cover? Something light, tight fitting, non-scratching and holds up to mild California outdoor weather?

Thanks.

AHS

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A-Train- List on RB-1 is 1595.00, I sell them for 1395.00.

OEM Cover is pretty good, may want to consider going that route. It is a custom fit cover, waterproof as far as I can tell, and very light. Hasn't scratched my car at all...

OP
OP
A

A-Train

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A-Train can you post pics of polks after installation?

Don't know quite know how to post pics yet.... maybe someone can help...

A

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PS- Here are some things to consider with Avic Vs RB-1:

-Do you care if it plays DVD Video? (Avic plays DV video)
-Do you care if it looks FAR from OEM? (Avic looks like a definate add-on with its dash install kits, etc)
-Map systems are very similar
-AVIC is touch screen- But at the same time, Touch screen is prone to damage & failure, Most important, the screens are VERY easy to scratch- even with your fingers...will look like "swirl markes" on paint in no time.
-The "performance meters" on the Avic really dont tell you much, and get old real quick.
-Hassle to install an Avic and retain factory wiring- RB-1 is Plug & Play, entirely.

Also, AVIC is XM capable, the RB-1 is Sirius

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A-Train can you post pics of polks after installation?

Don't know quite know how to post pics yet.... maybe someone can help...

A

Imageshack is the easiest way my friend ;)
When the pictures are uploaded it's a simple copy and paste of the top link that appears after upload (the one with the
You must be registered for see images

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Also, AVIC is XM capable, the RB-1 is Sirius

The RB-1 will soon be XM compatible, as they are working on their chrysler/dodge specific kit- if it isnt out already.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took out the stock door speakers out of my 04 and 05. If anyone wants to buy them make me am offer. I have a Stock radio-CD from my 04 also. :D