Poll -What color Radio Bezel and Center Console Color on a GIII Red SRT-10 Vert??

What color Radio Bezel + Console on Red SRT10

• Silver

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Red

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Carbon Fiber

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello ViperClub,
Did a search and did see some good pictures, but was hoping to get some feedback/opinions. I have an '03 Viper Red SRT-10 Convertible with black top. Been thinking hard about changing the bezel and center console. As it's pretty much Darth Vader style in there stock-wise, I was thinking either Silver, Red (match body-color) or a little Carbon Fiber. Given the satif color on the door-pulls and shifter-ring, thought silver might be the way to go.....

Let's see what the Experts out in ViperLand think---as I am a newbee Viper owner. Post some pics if you got em'......

Thank you and your feedback is much appreciated. UPDATE:--- Please post your feedback if you think "leave it alone." Sorry, too technically challenging to figure out how to add this poll-option and too damn early in the morning too:)

Greg 'confused'.......

Last edited:

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You didn't have the option to 'leave it alone' ... that would be my choice. I've thought about doing something similar and unless you go all out with a full custom interior, the splashes of color with just one or two parts looks cheap to me.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the ACR 1:33 dash but the gauges are in GTS blue and the rest is gloss black. I think it looks killer. You could do the same with either red/black or flip it.

Bruce

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You didn't have the option to 'leave it alone' ... that would be my choice. I've thought about doing something similar and unless you go all out with a full custom interior, the splashes of color with just one or two parts looks cheap to me.

Ha. Funny you mention that....Man, should have put that option as well. You are reading my mind:) I want to see what others come back with and see some other Vipers at shows before pulling the trigger --or not pulling the trigger. (BTW--I love that the ONLY time I see a Viper is at shows---I love the rarity of these cars.)

My better half thinks as you do, that there is only a brush or two of satin silver and too much color may pop too much.

I'm an engineer so "we'll see where the data leads us" LOL

greg

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 03 as well and the finish started peeling...I think all 03's do it. Anyway the car is black so I went with the same color. I tried to match the original as close as posible. I would have voted for that, or is that an option...?? Man these guys are really working hard to push us away from this site onto another...hope it gets better soon. I cant take much more.

Last edited:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My First Edition Blue/White coupe has the console painted blue (by a previous owner). You can see it in the classifieds as it is for sale. It always gets a lot of compliments. However, if I was doing it I would go with carbon fiber. Subtle but looks richer IMO.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the mod bug got you, On a red car I think a splash of red is the way to go. On my car I have the mamba interior so the red dash was a little to much, but on a stock int the red dash looks great. Heres a pic of my finish dash with the new stereo. Another way to go is just adding the dash rings, you can paint them or leve them silver.
You must be registered for see images attach

one more of the dash with a carbon fiber 3m-dinoc finish it looked great but I whent with the gloss blak

Last edited:
OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the mod bug got you, On a red car I think a splash of red is the way to go. On my car I have the mamba interior so the red dash was a little to much, but on a stock int the red dash looks great. Heres a pic of my finish dash with the new stereo. Another way to go is just adding the dash rings, you can paint them or leve them silver.

one more of the dash with a carbon fiber 3m-dinoc finish it looked great but I whent with the gloss blak

WOW--Pedro---very nice! Thinking to keep it simple and going with 'no color' and add some satin-silver trim rings on the gauges, speakers in the door and between the seats. Looks like Ill need to get some stock in....... http://www.mgwltd.com/viper2.shtml. They got nice stuff--I remember them from my Mustang GT (yes, the dark side) days........Thanks for the pictures, love the look of the mamba interior. Obviously, there is some serious coin $$ invested in your Viper and it shows! I'll try and catch you on the tollway some day:)

greg

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW--Pedro---very nice! Thinking to keep it simple and going with 'no color' and add some satin-silver trim rings on the gauges, speakers in the door and between the seats. Looks like Ill need to get some stock in....... http://www.mgwltd.com/viper2.shtml. They got nice stuff--I remember them from my Mustang GT (yes, the dark side) days........Thanks for the pictures, love the look of the mamba interior. Obviously, there is some serious coin $$ invested in your Viper and it shows! I'll try and catch you on the tollway some day:)

greg
Dont tell the wife, the dog house is not finish. Any way you go will work, just make sure that you like it.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is this the one I had?

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eww look at those finger smudges... reminds me of gloss black phones or tv's, look like crap after awhile. Carbon fiber would be good keeping the cleaning to a minimum.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eww look at those finger smudges... reminds me of gloss black phones or tv's, look like crap after awhile. Carbon fiber would be good keeping the cleaning to a minimum.

Thats the plan but carbon fiber work takes for ever to get done. So for now black will have to do till the cf work is done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang