poly tranny/motor mounts interior squeak/rattle

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had the Woodhouse motor/tranny mounts put in with the mgw shifter. Car feels TIGHT and everything I read about the heavy load accurate shifts is true.

I was expecting vibration from what I read but I am curious to know if anyone that did this mod heard a squeak/rattle in a high pitched way that sounds like it is comming from either my left of steering wheel air vent or perhaps the speaker right above it on top of dash right up against the windscreen?

The noise is present when in the rpm range that makes the car vibrate the most, but, when I get into the higher rpm's and the rearview mirror settles down back to clear the noise goes away until I get back to vibe mode.

It is a 04 vert. I have pushed and applied pressure to the above suspect areas while the noise is present and nothing makes it go away so it makes me think it may be comming from inside deeper in dash where I can't reach it?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I have a bit of a rattle in that area, around the left side vent & door speaker, I plan on investigating it further, but I only have like 150 mis on my mounts so I have more break in for them to settle down, and I just noticed the sound, I think because with the top down I didn't really notice it, with the top up in the colder weather, I detect more vibe and this symptom you describe.

hdscreens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few months ago I changed the trans fluid on my vert. and after a couple of weeks I noticed a slight rattle. I thought it was coming from inside the dash area but it turned out to be a slightly loose bolt from the cover plate under the trans.

OP
OP
T

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A few months ago I changed the trans fluid on my vert. and after a couple of weeks I noticed a slight rattle. I thought it was coming from inside the dash area but it turned out to be a slightly loose bolt from the cover plate under the trans.

I changed the tranny fluid about 2 weeks after I had mounts done. The noise was present prior to the change. Thanks for feedback.

OP
OP
T

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Better stereo or louder exhaust will cure those noises.

LOL. Already have a corsa with RT cats and if I upgrade the stereo, then knowing me I will want to do it in my other toys so for now I have to stay stock stereo.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be installing them in the next few days, just got them in the mail from Woodhouse, here's a pic, glad to see their name on them rather than being generic stuff.. They look good, nice quality.
Mike

You must be registered for see images

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My rattle appeared at the glove compartment after I installed the mounts. I just need to add a rubber button to the door to tighten it up I figure.