Porche 911 turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just got done driving a new 911T, traded my viper for one for a couple hours, a neighbor. all i gotta say is WOW, that is one fun *ss car! its definitely got some balls and it handles like a cat with sneakers, i could not get those tires to break loose no matter what, and the shifting with buttons, james bond stuff. all in all a great machine (its german what would you expect) but push comes to shove ill still take my snake over the 911T anyday. BTW, he now wants a viper instead, LOL. im not too sure on car stats, is where is the 911T in comparison to the viper (i know cost, im talking 0-60, 1/4 mile, HP, etc)?

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Magnificent car, I'd really like one in my stable
yesnod.gif

GT2 is very nice indeed

OP
OP
V

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a somewhat ugly car regardless of color and no offense, while maybe blacked out wheels aint your thing, silver with that red interior? wow, go buckeys is all i can say, that looks like the yuppie poster boy vehicle for ohio state. anyway, hopefully i didnt offend. Ive decided to skip the 911 and go for the RennTech Mercedes S60 for the wife/family car. im getting rid of her CLK-GT which is truly a wonderful machine (**** near as fun as my viper to drive and with 700 watts of stereo and dvd quite an auidovideo cavet), go figure, she wants a fourdoor.

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like the car cause its different.ill bet wayne will never pass another like it ,at a stoplight.ive been in the vipers and seen my twin more than once.
what im saying is its good we all like different stuff cause i know i wouldnt want to look at the same thing all the time.
alex red, i cant believe you can bust on anybody with that s2000 sitting around.yuk in my opinion.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bad viper:
You must be registered for see images

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I like it! Darth Vader's Porsche.

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ugly??? This comment comes form a guy who drives possibly the ugliest car on the planet, A Subaru WRX.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlexRedSnake:
God your 911 turbo is UGLY!!

Why would you butcher your 911 turbo with those black wheels, it looks like crap. Just goes to show you money doesnt equal taste.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahem...

00004090.jpg

Yeah that scoop on top of the WRX is really nice. Its functional I take it. That is a snazzy shade of blue on the BMW. Oh nice bowling trophy. While it is pretty classy, it is your shirt that takes the cake.

So anyway, I like the black 911 turbo.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And then there are the bmw,volvo,wrx etc's that only a blind person could love.I understand that people actually pay money for them.The thought makes me shiver and wretch.They are too ugly and un sporty for even my parents in their 80's to be seen in.Leave the keys in them and hopefuly they will be stolen and totaled so you can recover some of your money. Bruce

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tiptronic still too slow.I have the 6 spd
with mods has 505 RWHP seems to perform about the same as my
last Viper on motor which had 511 RWHP.
...on the track in the Porsche when the back end
tries to come around you step ON the gas. I'm waiting for my incoming Comp Coupe for more fun.

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bad viper- how exactly did you measure the 505 "rwhp"? your model style 911 tt is awd and there are very very few awd dynos..

just curious how you arrived at the 505 hp..

alex
02 gts
few other cars

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CitySnake:
laughing2[1].gif
I think Craigs been lured to the dark side of the force.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same problem with the ladies, I can't decide on one, even though I still have my fave. Of course the Viper will come first
supergrin.gif
, I have invested too much time in this car.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Alexis, why don't you ask your daddy what he thinks about the black 911 turbo and let us know. I think the opinion of someone who actually has the means to buy such a car would be more instructive than the opinion of his bratty punk kid.

Oh and nice avatar. You make Michael Jackson look like Vin Diesel.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
911 turbo boring and uneventless to drive? you may not get the same reaction from people driving down the road in one as you would in lets say a viper or a lamborghini. but from a shear performance standpoint, taking into account performance,handling and braking, the whole turbo serious is awesome. as far as the gt2 being slow? any car capable of 0-60 in 3.6 sec, 1/4 mile in 11.80@ 120, and almost 200mph is definately not slow.

not sure if i mentioned this already, but i think the black porsche is awesome. the silver one is nice also, although i'd of personally skipped the ronald mcdonald interior.

also, insulting someones car as you did, is really tasteless. that car is the result of someones personal expression and hard work.

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlexRedSnake:
whats going to be even funnier is when the new AMG E55 merc absolutely DESTROYS the 911 turbo as well as our "sacred" Vipers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL I ll be waiting for that one to beat the 911 turbo lol .. When you buy one shoot me an email, I ll be more than happy to disappoint you. AMG E55
rofl.gif

DBK1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bad viper:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a great looking car. Mean as hell. Guess you have to be really classy and wear hawaiin shirts hanging out of your M&M blue bimmer to truly understand how ugly it is and flame the owner though...

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by allanlambo:
rice is a whole other story. doesnt count! lol

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're d@mn right
supergrin.gif

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What camera did you use to take the picture. It is a very nice clear picture

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Makara:

Ahem...

00004090.jpg

Yeah that scoop on top of the WRX is really nice. Its functional I take it. That is a snazzy shade of blue on the BMW. Oh nice bowling trophy. While it is pretty classy, it is your shirt that takes the cake.

So anyway, I like the black 911 turbo.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God your 911 turbo is UGLY!!

Having had (see below) in the stable

I can tell you that porsches are very borring cars after a while, especially the turbo. Sure its quick, eveyone knows that, but the engine is quiet, the car is too refined, and after 1 hour in the car you will know all there is to know about it. Simply put its not that exciting. A 911 turbo can beat a 360 modena, but the ferrari is moving excitement, a sense of occassion when you are driving it, you sit in a porsche and you feel like you could be in a boxster s or 911 turbo, nothing special at all. I know had a ton. Why would you butcher your 911 turbo with those black wheels, it looks like crap. Just goes to show you money doesnt equal taste.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

watch yo-self NEWBIE. Just because you have $$ doesn't mean anyone has to give a $hit what you say. Why would you put wannabe rally wheels on a non-blue WRX? oh wait that is your personal choice even though it looks like rosanne in a bikini.

That Turbo is just plain SICK! I'd love to have it. The only porsche I'd want more would be the GT2, no AWD, nothing but pure driving machine.

and nice pink interior...

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the 996TT is an incredible car and Wayne's, in particular, is very subtle,stealthy and mean.
Oh, and he has a Comp Coupe on the way too I believe. Maybe the WRX would like to attack the road course against Wayne's new ugly car!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maxwedge:
where did you get those numbers...not saying they arnt true, I just want to know. and what kind of launching technique did they use??? I bet you wouldnt do it to a car you owned would you?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

why not? the GT2 isn't AWD. Those numbers are spot on.

OP
OP
V

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
alex, no offense, while I agree AMG is no joke, they are not a RennTech either, so if you truly know anything of German engineering and Mercedes supertuning you would consider having your parents put their nickels into a RennTech Merc as opposed to an AMG, its a preference but you seem so d*mn adamant and overly excited about this AMG mercedes bit I'd hate to see your bubble burst

jrod178

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NEW AMG E55 with 500+HP WIll kill the 911 turbo, the new AMG SL55 BEATS THE GT2 PORSHE TO 180MPH WITH EASE! It will kill the regular turbo, the E55 will be lighter and faster, yet somehow you think it will be slower than a 911 turbo??? Wake up AMG is no joke anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.