"Poser" or "Racer"

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"Poser\" or \"Racer\"

I admit it....I'm a poser (no intentions of "tracking" the car) and have no qualms with the "racers" (maybe a little earlier in my life). Now I know that even though you race you, somewhat, pose (in addition to wanting to win)....so what brought you to the viper. Speed or looks (yeah, a lot of both) but I'm looking for the "main" attraction. Poser or Racer. (No, this is not a "yell-oh" thread, but you are invited).

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Both. the car is both, plain and simple. I kinda look at the viper as the "total package" of cars. There are superior cars in any of the specific categories be it speed, drag, cost, etc. BUT as the total package (looks, power, handling, etc), it is simply the best, IMneverHO.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Originally the awesome and sinister look of the car made me say "WOW, I got have one of these" but after driving the car the pure power and muscle is what makes me want to jump in and go for it. Besides for the money you can't get anywhere near both aspects of a viper! So I'd say both.

Adam
207driving_patches-thumb.gif

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Great looks but Corvettes with H&C are faster...friends Vette dynoed 460RWHP and he run 10.8X with his 4.10 gears. I do like the Viper but I need more power to feel like a king.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Chuck, Awesome answer!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reason number one: Badazz looks WITH the power to back it.

488 other reasons.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Great looks but Corvettes with H&C are faster...friends Vette dynoed 460RWHP

I know what you mean ElD. I feel the same about Camaros vs Mustangs. The Camaro looks great but John Force's Mustang is faster. Not sure what it dynos at.

SCS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \"Poser\" or \"Racer\"

I chose the Viper because it has it all...the speed, the looks and what has to be the most fun you can have on four wheels...The car is just a blast to drive!

After wasting (to me anyway) big bucks on Ferrari and Porsche I finally saw the light the day I got my first ride as a passenger in a Viper...I haven't wanted a different sports car since that day...

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

The great sculpted looks and promise of power made me want the Viper, and feeling that great power driving it around is what keeps me happy with the car every day.

I definitely fall into the racer category as I wouldn't have bought the Viper if the it only had 300HP, even with it's great style.

Still, I haven't been to the track yet (but very soon), so I can't say that I'm a ********* racer by any means.

But I have to admit that the appeal of the cars looks, and the response that I get from other people was an extra bonus that I also enjoy daily.

-Dean.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I never tracked a car before the Viper, I loved the AC Cobras but couldn't afford the 427 side-oiler. I settled for a '69 Vette roadster with a 427/435. I waited for the roll up windows and bought a 2000 RT for its looks, raw power and to take the top off and talk to chicks on the SoCal beaches. I got invited to road race one day and was completely hooked. I put in $14K in roadrace mods and never looked back.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I loved the radical looks of the Viper since the first day I saw one on the road. I didn't think I'd ever own one, but now I have one of the fastest there is.

Ultimately for me, the Viper is the BEST platform for expressing yourself whether it be outrageous looks or outrageous performance or both. What a car!!

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

The looks, with the power to back the looks, or the looks wouldn't be enough.

You must be registered for see images

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re:

I bought it for the looks and the potential for power. You can always add HP, but it is hard to add good looks. For this reason why not start with a show car body.

Hurricane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Since Car and Driver first profiled the Viper and then I saw that awesome display of 600 Vipers at the '96 Indy 500 Parade through downtown Indy, I have lusted after one. The exclusivity of the Viper is appealing.

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I'm a poser; can't afford any more speeding tickets... ;)
On the lighter side, I had to pick up a new carseat for my son, as he outgrew his. Had to take the Viper, as I killed the battery in the Jeep (besides, it was nice out). I got a few stares pulling out of ToyRUs with a huge babyseat box occupying the passenger seat... :)

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Mostly the **** body, with the V10 a close second.. I'm on my third Viper. Took the first one to the strip for test and tune a number of times. Cars are too fast for street racing anymore, so I'm not so interested in that. Being a former GM test driver, AND drawing GM pension every month, I get the "Why didn't you buy a Vette?" question often. If the Vette looked as good as a Viper I probably would. I was driving the C5s during development, they looked better with the rear clip that preceded what's on the car now. It's nice to see the ever increasing horsepower that's available for the Vipers now. Especially that SR blower that's gnawing at my financial sensibilities. A real kick to be driving a car that car run ETs that 30 or more years ago were unheard of for street cars. Sure you can take an old cheap car, drop in a big crate motor and go faster than most Vipers, but it's not the same..

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

After 2 years of dirt track racing, 2 totalled cars, 5 or 6 neck injuries, numerous bruises, hearing loss and having 3000 people watch me get plowed into the wall and hoping they didn't notice, I'll take posing any day.

REMIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Although I don't yet have one, I doubt I would ever take it to the track. I love the outrageous looks of the 96-02 GTS models. It's so over the top (in a good way), that's the first thing that attracts me to the car and the power would be secondary. I'm not a yellow car kinda guy, but I think yellow with black stripes is very fitting for this car - and that's what I want. :)

REMIX

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960