Positioning A Viper On A Two Post Lift

PIT VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on how to get my Viper on a twp post lift. The side sills are too low to slide the arms under the car. The Dodge manual suggests driving the car up on wooden blocks, but I have visions of ejecting the blocks out of the rear of the garage as I try. Of course, I could use a floor jack to raise the front and rear, but I was hoping someone had a more creative solution. Any suggestions?

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really don't need blocks of wood, just some 2 by 10s. I thought about this for a long time when I was going to buy a 2 poster. I ended up buying a 4 post unit though. You may only need to raise the car an inch or so.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dealer and Viper tech use a 2 post all the time.Drive car into position.Jack slightly front/rear.Slide arms under front/rear.Off is easier as the suspension stays extended.Drop arms,slide out arms,drive away. Bruce

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a couple pieces of 2x4 to drive on before I jack.It lifts the car enough for a floor jack(or lift)

Joe

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on the lift. I have a 9,000 lb Challenger and I use 2X10's underneath to slide arms under. The arms are very beefy and won't go under.

Mohawk and Rotary are the only 2 post lifts that will slide under without using boards that i know of. Mohawk is too expensive (about $5-7,000) and Rotary has flip up pads that I do not care for...

What was nice about Challenger is that it is very beefy especially the arms. Also you can lift vehicles symetrically and assymetrically. I feel very safe underneath it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte