Possible scam on VCA Classifieds

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell me if this sounds 'funny' to you... This was emailed to me yesterday in response to my post in the classifieds section. Notice a free Hotmail account also...

Does anybody know this guy? I've requested his VCA number but no response yet.

----------------
We are interested in buying your above mentioned Driver and Passenger Doors at advertised rate of $3,500. Goods will be picked up from your location for onward shipping to London. Cost and modalities of shipping to be born by us.

Payment for the purchase is by check through a debtor in US. The debtor owes us higher than our purchase. He will therefore be sending you a check for $9,000 to cover the cost of our order, as well as the Shipping costs.

On receipt of the check, you will cash and deduct the cost of our order .The balance you will send as we would instruct you to the Agency that will ship the Goods to us. If this arrangement suites you fine, please send us your address where to send the check, as well as the name to be on it. Also send us your phone number for easy communication.

Looking forward to hearing from you through >[email protected]<.

Thank you.

Best Regards

MR. JOHN ROBSON.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same old scam. Tell him to send the check and once it clears (14 working days) you'll send a picture of the doors to him.

B

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
...suggest a swap of your free and clear title of the Brooklyn Bridge for his "debtor funds" ;)

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, I'll be in London next week.Tell him the parts will be delivered personally by a VCA member.We will discuss my fee later.LOL Rick

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a possible scam..it is a scam! Same letters I was getting for my Harley.

OP
OP
N

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hemi Head... whats your fee? It's obvious that he doesn't care what anyone charges!

Well I guess there are still a set of doors for sale. Maybe he did me a favor making it acceptable for the general forum.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome to the Internet, this is the basic unfilled version of any Scam going around in the past couple years you are going to see related to online purchases of products

We are interested in buying your above mentioned ______________ at advertised rate of $________.00. Goods will be picked up from your location for onward shipping to _________. Cost and modalities of shipping to be born by us.

Payment for the purchase is by check through a debtor in US. The debtor owes us higher than our purchase. He will therefore be sending you a check for $_________.00 to cover the cost of our order, as well as the Shipping costs.

On receipt of the check, you will cash and deduct the cost of our order .The balance you will send as we would instruct you to the Agency that will ship the Goods to us. If this arrangement suites you fine, please send us your address where to send the check, as well as the name to be on it. Also send us your phone number for easy communication.

What is really sad is that this scam actually works. Someone I used to work with got 6000 stolen from them when they were selling a car.

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
e are interested in buying your above mentioned Michelin Pilot Sports 19' rear at advertised rate of $650.00. Goods will be picked up from your location for onward shipping to London. Cost and modalities of shipping to be born by us.

Payment for the purchase is by check through a debtor in US. The debtor owes us higher than our purchase. He will therefore be sending you a check for $5,000 to cover the cost of our order, as well as the Shipping costs.

Looking forward to hearing from you through >[email protected]<.

Thank you.

Best Regards

MR. JOHN ROBSON.
I just got the same reply to an item I was selling and was going to post an alert here, but I see our "friend" Mr Robson is a busy little thief working all the boards hard.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...suggest a swap of your free and clear title of the Brooklyn Bridge for his "debtor funds" ;)

Not possible other-Jay, I already posess the clear title to the Brooklyn Bridge.

Nice try, it only cost me a house and all of the lint in my wallet!

Jay :D K.