Posts Disappear

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why posts vanish? Is there someone that chooses whose posts can ride, and just decides someone elses can't.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is about the post you made for your stuff on Ebay, I'd guess its b/c you also didnt post them for sale in the classifieds. Thats part of the rules.

My $0.02: I dont like the rule either because if stuff isnt posted in the classifieds (therefore not allowing you to make a "plug" post, we may never hear about it).

OP
OP
B

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any idea why I am not listed as a member?
My dues are current and never lapsed.
Thanks

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering about that too. Email one of the mods here and see if they can get it straightened out. I dont have their email addresses, so I'm no big help, but I'm sure someone else will post the correct email address. You going to be at this month's meeting?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are also a vendor.

And there are differnet rules for vendors... Like your Classifieds posts are suppose to cost $$.

Even Paolo is a site sponsor!

So go sponsor the site and then you won't feel like you are being abused.

And it may even say more than "enthusiast" when you do!

JD

OP
OP
B

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning on it. The Viper is down though adding some Mory's Striker heads to it.

I have noticed that other people have responded with, I have (what ever it is) and include a price, and their post is not deleted. Meaning that they haven't listed in classified either.

Maybe it is because they aren't showing me as an active member.

Soon to be sponsor.

Alan

OP
OP
B

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks JD,

I have been speaking with a guy name Jay Herbert

:headbang: Alan

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanna see this post disappear? I'll make it. :p

go over to the alley and read the post about how much herbert get's paid out of the VCA. quite the controversy! personally, i don't give a sh*t. but it is quite amusing.

Also, BTW - Big plug for Alan here - he's not only about to be a site supporter but he's a big local viper supporter too.

Don't feel bad... some posts get deleted and an identical post by someone else doesn't. there isn't a "fair" set of rules here. but this post will be deleted b/c i mentioned the alley posting, i'm sure.

JD

Reaction score
One thing I CAN cover quite simply. When I see people ask why they are not listed as an "Owner" or a "Member", the FIRST thing I do is check their profile for a VIN (for "Owner") and/or a VCA Member number (for "Member"). Having found both of the accounts (who asked above) missing ALL of that data....you get nothing. It is quite simple, this matter. Had either of you entered this information I would have sorted it out about 20 seconds BEFORE I started writing this. :)

As for advertisements....I don't personally come looking for them, assuming that people will follow the rules. However...when there is one that warrants removal, I do so. Now, you might see one before I do....then the perception is that it unfairly gets to stay. The real truth is....I just haven't seen it yet.

As we have done for YEARS (like 7), if a VCA Member posts their FREE ad in the Classifieds, we usually allow a little "Hey, I just posted my crap in the Classifieds...here is a link" type of thread. Post your stuff on Ebay, then post here....it will get removed.

Is everything perfect, 100% of the time? Nope, but that is how it is.

From sunny Annapolis....me. :)

Reaction score
VCA & VIN entered. Now can i get this sorted out?? :D
How about an avatar???? :D

Sorted...though I had to guess on your region...but that is an easy fox if I got it wrong. :)

Avatars....Tomorrow night is the night. I also have to get Lee up to speed so he can take them over. So many things to do....so little time (time, I should say, left after drinking!!). :)

Edoggrc51

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA & VIN entered. Now can i get this sorted out?? :D
How about an avatar???? :D

Sorted...though I had to guess on your region...but that is an easy fox if I got it wrong. :)

Avatars....Tomorrow night is the night. I also have to get Lee up to speed so he can take them over. So many things to do....so little time (time, I should say, left after drinking!!). :)

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: