Power Ball Polisher

Reaction score
I would imagine it would work just fine... I use it frequently to clean my friends DTMKreuz high-polish wheels and it's AMAZING how much time it saves!

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

It's a Mothers product.. its a polishing ball that connects to a regular drill and cuts polishing time by ~ 75%

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you should not use anything on Chrome wheels, besides a very mild solution. I have always used P21s. The best wheel cleaner on the market IMHO.. Strong cleaning power, but very mild and Ph balanced. So you dont get any discoloring on your calipers and rotors. Which is common with the "pep boys" type acid based cleaners..

I would not use a mothers polish ball on chrome, no need to... MAYBE polished. Not chrome.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They come in two sizes. The smaller one is for polished wheels but kind of messy. I would not use one on chrome either. The big one is for car polishing.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you should not use anything on Chrome wheels, besides a very mild solution. I have always used P21s. The best wheel cleaner on the market IMHO.. Strong cleaning power, but very mild and Ph balanced. So you dont get any discoloring on your calipers and rotors. Which is common with the "pep boys" type acid based cleaners..

I would not use a mothers polish ball on chrome, no need to... MAYBE polished. Not chrome.

Agree. Chrome should be easy to clean as it is. If anything, use some good chrome polish (Meguiars Hot Rim, consumer line for example), and a microfiber cloth.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They come in two sizes. The smaller one is for polished wheels but kind of messy. I would not use one on chrome either. The big one is for car polishing.

False, The RED Small(mini) & BIG one are Both used for polishing most anything other then paint.
Mothers® PowerBall®
Mothers® PowerBall Mini®

The BIG Yellow one (aka Powerball 4 paint) is for Paint.
Mothers® PowerBall 4Paint®

For wheels with a lip, the MINI is a must. It is small enough to get the whole lip as where the Big one cant get in close enough. I use both though on my aluminum wheels and couldnt imagine polishing without em:2tu:

Also, they do have a polish for Chrome:
Mothers® Chrome Polish

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
False, The RED Small(mini) & BIG one are Both used for polishing most anything other then paint.
Mothers® PowerBall®
Mothers® PowerBall Mini®

The BIG Yellow one (aka Powerball 4 paint) is for Paint.
Mothers® PowerBall 4Paint®

For wheels with a lip, the MINI is a must. It is small enough to get the whole lip as where the Big one cant get in close enough. I use both though on my aluminum wheels and couldnt imagine polishing without em:2tu:

Also, they do have a polish for Chrome:
Mothers® Chrome Polish

HMMM, guess you better tell that to Chip Foose who is sponsored by Mothers and on Speed TV his ads show him personally useing the large RED ball to polish his show car.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the mini ball and I'm not too impressed with it. It still has a hard time reaching in between things. I may try the new cone shaped one though.

gsav69

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SWEET! hahaha.

I just bought and haven't even used the small one to try on my wheels and NOW you tell me there's a cone one now! I guess i'll drop another 25 bucks on that one too!

Thanks for the insight! Off to the auto parts store i go. This weekend is wheel weekend!

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SWEET! hahaha.

I just bought and haven't even used the small one to try on my wheels and NOW you tell me there's a cone one now! I guess i'll drop another 25 bucks on that one too!

Thanks for the insight! Off to the auto parts store i go. This weekend is wheel weekend!

I just ordered the "Cone" yesterday. It varies on-line anywhere from $22.00 + shipping, to $34.00. A "tad" more than the balls:omg:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4