Power brake bleeder

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who has a power brake bleeder that works with the Viper and where did you get it? I want to flush my fluid this winter and do not want to take it in to get it done.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had pretty good luck recently with a $5 one man brake bleeder kit from AutoZone. It basically consists of a plastic bottle with a one-way valve, some fittings and plastic hose.

You connect everything, mount the bottle to something metal on the car (comes with a magnet mount) that is higher than the caliper (air bubbles) and slowly pump the brake pedal 4-5 times. Drain the bottle and pump a few more times until clear fluid runs through the hose.

The first wheel took about 10 pumps and the others gradually were less. Brakes work fine, new fluid throughout and I did it myself without a lot of costly equipment.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Motive is great but the universal adapter *****. The adapter from Miller tools (part #6643a) is 56$. I have heard that the Ford three tab master cylinder cap fits the Gen II Vipers but have not confirmed that for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness