Price Advice Please!

sasha

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My husband turns 50 this year and i want to buy him a viper. i have found one which is a 2005 model - never titled - 400 miles - Mombo Edition - 510 HP. My question is what should i be paying for this car. Any advice and counsel is really appreciated!

OP
OP
S

sasha

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, he's my one and only. do you have any idea how much i should pay for the car?

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sasha,
I would suggest that you look at the media gallery here and see which year/model looks the best (for him). Does he want a convert or coupe? Take a look at the pictures, then look at the classified ads here. That will give you a rough idea of the value. Autotrader would be good as well.

Others may chime in here and give you their opinion.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Sasha,

Sounds like a nice car as long it has been maintained. I'm a little cheap when it comes to buying a car, so I'd start at $55k. I'm betting your seller is hoping to get near $70k.

Regards,
Aaron

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sasha-Have you checked kelley blue book for the 'retail' value of that car? If you know what the car you want comes with, check kbb.com, that'll give you what to 'play' with (NEVER settle on first prices w/Vipers, they hold their value, but you CAN get one if you TRULY deal/dicker)...good luck, and you're a wonderful gift-giver, your husband's a VERY lucky guy! :2tu:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My husband turns 50 this year and i want to buy him a viper. i have found one which is a 2005 model - never titled - 400 miles - Mombo Edition - 510 HP. My question is what should i be paying for this car. Any advice and counsel is really appreciated!

The "Mombo Edition" Viper must be very rare. I have never heard of one before.
Seriously, I think that you should reconsider the way the gift is being selected. A Viper is a very personal car that requires a very personal choice. So, if you have not already done so, figure out a way to engage your husband in a conversation about cars and what car he would like the most including color, etc. Even better - have one of his friends do it for you and report back to you. If you want a new vehicle or an almost new vehicle, I am sure that any of our VCA website dealer sponsors will be glad to help you. I have purchased two vehicles from Woodhouse and recommend dealing with Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse.

Good luck.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The "Mombo Edition" Viper must be very rare. I have never heard of one before.
Seriously, I think that you should reconsider the way the gift is being selected. A Viper is a very personal car that requires a very personal choice. So, if you have not already done so, figure out a way to engage your husband in a conversation about cars and what car he would like the most including color, etc. Even better - have one of his friends do it for you and report back to you. If you want a new vehicle or an almost new vehicle, I am sure that any of our VCA website dealer sponsors will be glad to help you. I have purchased two vehicles from Woodhouse and recommend dealing with Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse.

Wow, you couldn't sound more like a ******* for that comment :nono:
This lady is doing something very nice for her husband and if my wife did that for me it wouldn't matter what Viper she got me. It would be special that she did that consideringthat the majority of wives out there wouldn't let their husbands own one. I am willing to be that her husband has probably wanted one for a long time and that is why she wants to do it for him.

Sasha, You can expect to pay around $65k-$70 for the car. To be honest though, you can get a new one with no possible history for about the same price. This may be a better direction to go if you don't know a lot about cars. Check with one of the reputable dealers and they can deliver to your house most likely on your husband's birthday. Now that would be nice if a big enclosed trailer showed up on his birthday and a Viper came slithering out of it. These are three reputable dealers www.romoinc.com
www.woodhouse.com
www.ringgoldmotors.com
Good Luck! :2tu:

Good luck.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
67K is a nice price for a new 2005 Mamba, you might try getting them down to $62K but in the end $67K is a nice price for a new Mamba

Which color is it?

-J

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DO NOT PAY MORE THAN $65,000!!! You should try for low low $60s, so I would say to start at $60,000 and work from there. $62,000 to $63,000 would be a nice price, $60,000 is a steal and mid $60s is about market value. GOOD LUCK WITH THE PURCHASE!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sasha, shoot me a pm and i will help you if you like. you can
do better then prices quoted (IMHO).

tom

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sasha, who registered as an enthusiast on 3/29/07, did not provide any data which would give rise to some of the conclusions you are making. Maybe it is a generational thing but all of the people I know who own high performance vehicles picked the specific vehicles themselves. If Sasha has already done what I suggested, good for her. I also hope that her husband has the driving skill to properly handle a Viper. If he does not have that skill, an innocent and well intended gift could turn into a tragic event. As most of us know, a Viper is a streetable race car and, as such, should not be given to someone without the skill to drive it safely. As for wives "not letting their husbands own one", I would say that in most cases if the purchase is prevented in that fashion as opposed to a calm, well reasoned discussion concerning family finances, safety, and driving skill leading to the conclusion by the husband that the purchase is ill advised, the marriage will eventually have problems and fail.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amen to Bob--any spouse or significant other who would 'not let' someone do something is beyond belief :shocked: . I also agree with Bob, maybe a gift certificate also to a driving school w/the car? To be taken BEFORE driving the new car.
This woman is doing a great thing for her husband and the people that are helping her out are most gracious. That's what we SHOULD be here for...
Good Luck Sasha---and as above, do NOT pay what is asked...you ALWAYS deal, yep even with a Viper...bring someone with you if you don't feel you can do it.
(people bring me! :cool: ) You got some good advice here :2tu: ~juli~

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, he's my one and only. do you have any idea how much i should pay for the car?

So---Sasha----what did you decide to do? Curious here!! When is your husband's birthday and did you decide to go with a particular Viper?
~juli

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife gave me a Viper for my 60th birthday in Aug last year. One of the best gifts I ever received, but she also did give me a Prowler for my 55th.
But she did confer with my brother as to what I wanted, she liked the coupes and I liked the vert.
You need to know what he really wants.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302