Problem with car

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed headers on my 2000 3 monthes ago. After the installation the check engine light came on. So I changed my computer to an earlier 1999. It took care of the light, but my car isnt running right after that. It runs too lean, and does not idle correctly. Sometimes its almost like the engine is gonna die. I was wondering if its better to return my stock computer and buy some of those quick firing 02 censors. Please any help would be appreciated.

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone should plug in a diagnostic computer and check that the 02's are switching correctly. They may have been damaged on the headers install. I have seen where the computer doesn't pick it up and the car will sometime stall. Usually thought they run rich when they stick. But check it first

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were you aware that there are differences between these 2 computers? The fuel curves are not exactly the same.
When we swap computers we usually have to modify the fuel curves with tuning in order to maintain optimal drivability.
-Wayne

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venumish if you had bought the Mopar performance computer you would not experience this problem, also i picked up 30rwtq.& 7RWHP

OP
OP
V

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what should I do now ? Should I just buy a mopar computer ? or return the stock computer ?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Sean Roe posted some pics on O2 sensor mods to cure the MIL light a few months back. It sure looked simple enough. I would put the OEM computer back on and try it with the sensor mods before making any more changes.

Ronviper: 7 hp is not much bang for a $400 computer.
dunno.gif

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after my header install on my 2001 i got the check engine light. took it to my viper tech and he said the wires got twisted. replaced the o2 wires and sensors up front with sims from sean in back. no check engine light anymore. knock on wood.