Problems programming remotes on 98 Chrylser GTS

Evilruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have one original remote and it's very finicky so I just received a pair of new 4865431AA remotes but having trouble programming them. Followed the direction online and I've located the green wire with the bullet connector but grounding and turning on the ignition doesn't appear to do much. Made sure I have a good ground, and verified continuity from the green wire to it's pin on the connector. Also to be sure the new ones didn't arrive with dead batteries I swapped them around with the original remote and they appear fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Evilruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also made sure to hit the unlock on the existing remote to disarm before attempting to program.

OP
OP
E

Evilruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So spent a little more time and it looks like I'm actually getting to the programming mode. Led blinks for 60 seconds when key is turned on with the green wire grounded. Cant seem to get the remotes to program though. Tried holding both buttons for 10+ seconds, individual button each for 10+ seconds. Tried the original also. It just blinks the led for around 60 seconds and then stops.

OP
OP
E

Evilruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know if there may be EEM modules that aren't compatible with the newer style remotes? Took the strap off of mine and took a closer look. Looks like part number
4848387AC, frequency 433.92, SW LVL 00.11

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sometimes you need a dealer to do it. tator couldnt get mine to work without his DRB

OP
OP
E

Evilruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Plumcrazy. Even the current remote wouldn't reprogam either, so Ill give the dealer a try.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's odd.

My '96 EEM is 315 mHz and the original FOB's were tested to confirm that was their transmit frequency - I now use later year Viper FOB's that work perfectly too so I assume they are also 315 mHz.

Perhaps there is an issue there.

OP
OP
E

Evilruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see mention of "export" entry modules on viper parts of america. Guessing those are different frequency then as is mine. and mine is a chrysler that was exported to UK originally. So I guess now I need to try a different module. Just not sure if all years US gts would be compatible.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is that you've found your problem. I've used 2002 FOB's on my 1996 GTS with no problems so you must have a non-US frequency on your EEM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte