problems with your Viper ?

C

Cyruss304

Hello everybody ;)

I just want to ask you a question :

Which were the problems most frequent with your viper ? (if is there of course)

Mechanical problems ? or something else ...

thanks.

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cyruss,

My Viper has caused me a lot of trouble at work. At 44 years of age I was the reigning champion of most days at work without a sick day. In fact,I had not missed a day at work in 12 years. Since purchasing my first Viper, I've had: Back pain three times, a sore throat twice, shingles once, and I am currently suffering from a rip roaring case of athletes foot. These maladies have caused me to call in sick at work on multiple days, thus ruining my record
streak of perfect attendance. I'm sure that all of my illnesses started soon after I bought my snake. Oh yeah,if anyone sees a blue/white Viper GTS on Swan Lake Road today it is not me. I'm at home applying Tinactin to my feet.

Doc

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the worst problem for the viper is trying to do the speed limit

second would have to be tires becuase you can smoke them like nothing

third gas (since gas has went up and will keep going up) v10 = gas

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Head gaskets on the early cars, Soft top is a pain and you'd be lucky to get 15,000 miles on the tires. Other than that..........nuthin but fun!

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasting hours of time on gas stations to answer questions like "Is it a Ferrari?" or "How fast does it go?" or "How many Horsies does it have?"...

AND! You might loose all your old friends from the Porsche, BMW, and Vette-Owner Clubs... :laugh:

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finding places to do burn outs!!! Explaining why our cars have speakers in the hood (for BBQ's and car shows of course)...Having to give special instruction to first timer's about how to get in and out (don't kick the side sill please)...Reminding folks that the doors are light (Particularly roadsters) so don't slam it!! Having attractive women dodge in and out of traffic to get up beside you to give you :) and :2tu: while the wife is in the passenger seat (she was not impressed...)

Tomer

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only issue in a year and a half is so minor it's almost not worth mentioning...but since you asked... :)

I have a rattle that's developed from somewhere within the dash - nearly dead center, behind the radio it seems, and it rattles CONSTANTLY now. Every bump in the road. And I cannot track it down.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only issue in a year and a half is so minor it's almost not worth mentioning...but since you asked... :)

I have a rattle that's developed from somewhere within the dash - nearly dead center, behind the radio it seems, and it rattles CONSTANTLY now. Every bump in the road. And I cannot track it down.

I guess you forgot a Metal CD in your radio, and everything you hear when you turn on the V10 is the drummer... :crazy:

OP
OP
C

Cyruss304

Thanks for all answers .

I am glad to know that viper does not have problems.
But i understand your problems :)

You must be very frustrates to not be able to exploit the power of the viper all times.

Concerning the gas, be happy because here in France the gas is 3 or 4 times more expensive than in USA.

How much does a tire cost ?

And even if you loose your friend who are in Vette or porsche club, i am sure you'll find a lot in Viper club !

I hope I would have thess problems later while being a viper owner.

Cyruss.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasting hours of time on gas stations to answer questions like "Is it a Ferrari?" or "How fast does it go?" or "How many Horsies does it have?"...

AND! You might loose all your old friends from the Porsche, BMW, and Vette-Owner Clubs... :laugh:
Very true. I was in the Corvette club like alot of us before we bought our Vipers. Now i'm considered by the Vette boys as the "evil emperor" I love it!!! :D

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very true. I was in the Corvette club like alot of us before we bought our Vipers. Now i'm considered by the Vette boys as the "evil emperor" I love it!!! :D

LMAO... Hahahahah Excelent! :2tu:

Mike Red 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes! I have a 97 GTS with 12,500 miles that the engine just blew up! Happened over the weekend I have never driven the car hard so I am disappointed that this would happen at such low mileage.

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nexus,

I had a similar rattle. Searched all over the dash for it. Turned out to be the button on the handbrake. It hasn't bothered me enough to fix it yet, but I at least know where it is.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oil leak at the fitting on the cooler. I tig'd it for $20.

Oil leak at the timing cover. Macedo Motorsports fixed.

Power window motor driver's side. Bought a new motor from Chuck Tator and replaced it myself.

92,000+ miles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21